Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB or find HZ Chassis BHZ 41946A

Leadfoot
    Spoke today to Ben, the person I sold it to who said someone in Canberra brought it from him when he was living there, said they were going to do it up for the Summernats and thats the last he saw of it, no name or address. Not looking good.

Probably sitting in a shed somewhere pulled apart, been through 4 owners who are all going to do it up. Everyone in Canberra is going to do up a car for summernats.

Leadfoot
    Probably right, and unfortunately a lot of people don't realise they don't know how to put a car back together till after they pull it apart. Thats ok though, it can be in bits, I don't mind as long as it hasn't been turned into half a dozen Great Walls.

Quote Originally Posted by sjc315 View Post
    Bit of a long shot but I'm chasing info on a car I built in the 90s, Jasmine yellow HZ ute, 253, 4 speed GTS guards, steering wheel and dash, 1 GTS mirror on drivers side, dragway 5 spokes and a Statesman front with standard HZ grille, last registered in the ACT, chassis number was BHZ41946A, engine QR740630. Not sure of rego number Any help appreciated. Mainly after the chassis. Cheers.
    Good luck in finding your ute it sound like there is still a chance . I've found that yasmine yellow vans and utes are either rare or the people that have them want to keep them,in short they don't come on the market very often

We searched for 18 months to find a yasmine yellow hz sandman van the first one we found we purchased and had to pay more than it was worth to secure that sale
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Leadfoot
    It was originally a dark non metallic maroon Kingswood that I thought was pretty ugly so I painted it Jasmine because I liked the colour. Course no telling what it is now but I'm still hopeful.

You must be serious love with it. I see your chasing it on ebay as well. What's the attraction? I mean it's a nice old Ute but you could build another pretty easily.

Leadfoot
    I'll say its for sentimental reasons, there is a bit more too it than that.. but in the past you didn't have the means to track something down like you do with the internet today so i thought stuff it i'll give it a go and see what happens. Actually started doing up a HQ ute and chasing bits after a long time driving modern stuff and its rekindled a bit of interest in the gear I used to muck around with, mid life crisis time maybe!

I know you used to be able to go to the RTA in N.S.W with a rego of a vehicle you were chasing, write a note (I think it was a particular form) and they (RTA) would foreward that note to the current registered owner. It was then up to the contacted person if they wanted to respond to you or not. Might work for chasis number, maybe not, the RTA worker would have to dig up the rego to get current owner, might be too hard basket stuff.

Leadfoot
    Thanks Maysik. I'll give that a go.

Id be keen to see how you go on that one. I have an old one I would love to track down!

Thread Information