Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandman or Brock - For Sale. One's got to go.

Sandman or Brock - For Sale. One's got to go.

G'day All,
    Time has come for the Brock or Sandman to go. I've got one too many cars to keep. Been trying to sell the Brock for a while now but not too many takers. So the Sandmans on the market as well. Main reason for selling one is simple - I'm only a one muscle car man & more importantly want to get my morgtage down & keep the missus happy. I've spoken to a few good friends of mine who are into cars & have seen it ref advice on a fair price. So it's on the market for $25k. Really don't want to sell it but like I said one's gotta go.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=13&silo=1011

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=30&silo=1011

hux I really hope you sell the Brock. You've put a lot of time and $$ into that Sandman and it looks great, but if it goes to a good home and you get the dosh that's not so bad.

Good luck on the sales, and hopefully you'll get some enquirers from here too.

You've been posted to Qld recently, which branch of defence are you in?

Thanks Blocker. I'm in the RAAF here at Amberley as a firey.

Good luck with the sale hux,
    Was gonna catch you up while I was down here but I got some mechanical probs instead, well a major one anyway.
    I`ll be in touch when I get it sorted... next time,

Again, good luck with the sale mate.

brocks are overated and boring shopping trolleys..sell it before the van...i sold my brock even with all the naysayers on various brock sites baggin it and sayin it was too dear..

I think that van is way too cheap...the interior looks imaculate, everything we looked at this year was trash for not much less....your call obviously, just that we have already spent more than that on one van, and it hasn't even had the interior or panel beating yet.....if it was a HZ I would buy it, and sell the yellow van:confused:

Thanks for the kind words Jennie. Be interesting to see if you're right (lets hope). Would rather the Brock goes. I remember talking to the missus when both cars were parked side by side in the shed & I asked her which one she would rather keep & within a second she said the Sandman. Like me, she prefers 70's cars to 80's. Still one's gotta go. Must say though whoever buys it won't be disappointed as it's been a great car for me & will be sadly missed.
    Knowing my luck after having the Brock on the market for 9 months a week after selling the van the Brock will sell as well. Which I suppose will make me cashed up to go looking (which will be hard part), to finding another Sandman.

P.S. For everyone else from the forum - please be honest, (I've got thick skin). Is the price I'm asking fair or not. A general idea would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Glenn (I luvs you all).

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    I think that van is way too cheap...the interior looks imaculate, everything we looked at this year was trash for not much less....your call obviously, just that we have already spent more than that on one van, and it hasn't even had the interior or panel beating yet.....if it was a HZ I would buy it, and sell the yellow van:confused:

I reckon I would save a heap of cash if I had $25k laying around rather than restoring mine, to a quality that nears your van. If I could find a buyer for mine tomorrow I would buy this van definatley. Looks awesome. Couldn't see you having any trouble selling it at this price I think you've priced it as a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by hux454 View Post
    P.S. For everyone else from the forum - please be honest, (I've got thick skin). Is the price I'm asking fair or not. A general idea would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Glenn (I luvs you all).
    I think it's a fair price. It is well presented and has had a lot of work done on it too, if it was in the high 20's early 30k' then you would be expecting a matched chassis and all other bits and pieces to be matching the model.
    Nonetheless it's a credit to you and the dedication taken to maintain it as is.

With all due respect ozbox,
    I luv 70's muscle over 80's ones anyday but Brocks were awesome road cars. What Brocky learn't on the race track he turned into awesome road cars. He was restricted with what he could do but shit what my Director lacks in horsepower makes up with handling big time. Still I respect your opinions.

Cheers,
    Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    brocks are overated and boring shopping trolleys..sell it before the van...i sold my brock even with all the naysayers on various brock sites baggin it and sayin it was too dear..
    Last edited by hux454; 30-06-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information