Thread: Does anyone want to take over printing decals?

Does anyone want to take over printing decals?

Quick introduction:

Hi all, my name is Tony, Im from adelaide and was a founding member of the SA Van council. (yeah the guys who reproduced the sandman decals early 2000)

While I was checking out this site today I noticed my name came up regarding some decals , i got the feeling i couldnt be contacted for some reason?? not sure why but my email still is active and always has been (rogoth@adam.com.au)

The actual reason i came here was to see if anyone wanted all of my screen printing artwork (film positives to create the screens from) so they can reproduce the decals themselves. These cost me thousands to have made. The art work is dead accurate copied from genuine NOS decals that were applied to a flat surface not traced from a van or blown up in photo shop from a photo....those who have these decals on their vans can vouch for the quality. I still love my van but no longer play a part in the scene so am moving on and would like to see it all used by others in need.

I did have permission from GMH corporate affairs to reproduce them for restoration purposes but selling them commercialy was frowned apon, so i never sold them on ebay. something about copyright etc. they were only ever sold by word of mouth to other vanners in other clubs. (apart from 2 sets who were purchased by one of the corporate guys from GMH who drove from vic in a GTO and made the purchase in person after buying localy made ones which dissapointed him)

We ran out of the more popular colours early and never reprinted them again as ebay was full of cheaper ones. The remaining stock was stored away.

I do still have some sets left in orange and the dark blue ones. I only kept them as spares for myself, but I am willing to get rid of those too if it helps anyone out.

I recently had a van accident and had to remove and replace my own stripes, so i dug out what i had to do the job and realized i really dont need any of it anymore, its time to move on - This is stuff that should be used and not stored away....

I still have colour samples, the original decals sets in a few colours, inks, formulas for the inks and a heap of the polyester material to print on and a fair few spare tailgate decals in most colours....

contact me on 0400066988 or rogoth@adam.com.au if you are interested in taking over.

cheers Tony
    keep on vannin

Gday tony.
    I bought 2 sets of these decals off you, quite a few years ago now, and they were TOP quality. No complaints from me! I can totally recommend Tonys decals to anyone. Im sure jasons are awesome too, and he's probably the only other guy in town doing the authentic repros. Maybe he'll grab your gear off you but i would guess he'd already have what he needs...

I was hoping maybe a club might all chip in and have them done for themselves like we did in adelaide, raises some club funds and everyone gets a set of nice stripes to boot.

cheers for the reply and good to hear from you again.

I uploaded some recent pics if your interested....btw the decals come off clean with a bit of gentle heat gun if you ever need to, even after 10 years in the sun..

tony

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Gday tony.
    I bought 2 sets of these decals off you, quite a few years ago now, and they were TOP quality. No complaints from me! I can totally recommend Tonys decals to anyone. Im sure jasons are awesome too, and he's probably the only other guy in town doing the authentic repros. Maybe he'll grab your gear off you but i would guess he'd already have what he needs...
    Would love to buy the lot off you Tony. But to be honest I don't need the gear. I know what its worth. and the thousands we have spent to setup to print them. Like yourself many years ago. For someone to take up the costs and headaches I will be surprised. If only they where simple haha!

Anyhow goodluck with the sale Tony. PM me what your after if you like. Never know I may buy the screens for spares as you know the costs of making new screens after your snap them or spit them is thousands! With the amount of call there is for these stripes now days compared to a few years ago when I started I don't know if I could justify spending the thousands of redoing screens yet again from splitting!
    Cheers

Hey Tony, Bec said you email address bounces for some reason?? dont know why..
    1976 HJ XX7 Sandman
    Genuine VN SS manual atlas grey
    HX LE Coupe project

Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    Would love to buy the lot off you Tony. But to be honest I don't need the gear. I know what its worth. and the thousands we have spent to setup to print them. Like yourself many years ago. For someone to take up the costs and headaches I will be surprised. If only they where simple haha!

Anyhow goodluck with the sale Tony. PM me what your after if you like. Never know I may buy the screens for spares as you know the costs of making new screens after your snap them or spit them is thousands! With the amount of call there is for these stripes now days compared to a few years ago when I started I don't know if I could justify spending the thousands of redoing screens yet again from splitting!
    Cheers
    Hi Jason.
    I'd appreciate it if you would take the time to reply to my many messages or return my many phone calls regarding my outstanding set of decals that I paid for about 8 months ago!!

Cheers.

GADDY!!!!

Gaddy. Sorry mate I didnt realise there was an issue. I was under the impression that there wasn't an issue and you was happy to wait. I don't remember not replying to a missed call? But obviously there may have been one. So I do apologise. I will give you a call later tomorrow arvo to sort out any issues and see what direction you want to go.

I also owe Jenny/Rod a set which I finally have done. I have to get sent off next week when I return home. I hadn't forgotten yours. And apologise again if I have not replied to a missed call. We can sort it later tomorrow arvo anyway.

Cheers.

Not sure why it bounces.... i got the email today ??

Thread Information