Thread: HX Sandman on e-bay

Cruiser

HX Sandman on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-HX...=290939470419&

This was mine, i sold it a few months ago to a fella reckoned he was going to do it up, the only thing original is the body and the way it's described i'd nearly buy it back, nah it needs a lot of work, my panel beater told me it would take about 200 hours for the body. It was a really nice van and if you had the skills and time it could be again.

Cheers Mark
    Last edited by hxbunny; 01-07-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: bloody spelling mistake

I spotted it last night and thought you still owned it. I would have been interested but you seemed to change your mind everytime I read a thread.
    Pity it's being past from pillar to post. I also notice this seller has the yellow UC Torana Ute for sale.

I reckon the old Sandman will sell for reasonably good dollars. I hope you got your share Mark.

It's a rockin'
    i would like to see it returned to an "80s show piece" barn find ??? geez i hate that description

Was it matching numbers or was the chassis number different?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman77hx View Post
    Was it matching numbers or was the chassis number different?
    I would like to know that as well and how much did you sell to him for?

Sandman Guru
    Certainly a little misleading in the ad. Tuxedo black is far from the rarest Sandman colour, pretty common in the scheme of things.
    Looks like someone could make a nice car out of it, shame it isn't a ute or I might have had a look at it!

Sandman Driver
    Its nice to see your old van Mark, the rust doesnt look near as bad as the one I'm working on, but as you say, it still looks a fair bit of work and if the numbers dont match, like my first van, you watch the restore cost just rising and wonder... But then again, if you want it back, maybe if he's selling two cars he's got plans to move or something, if he remembers you he might do a deal? I reckon the rust bullet product would help that one, might speed up the work needed on the roof at least.

Thread Information