Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What drugs is this guy on?

Cruiser
    No need to get defensive or abusive.... Ever been to a Gt nationals... Their concours cars are detailed to higher than factory spec... that attention to detail is brought about by a far more comprehensive judging regime... This is aided by the fact that ford back in the day with their Gt spec cars built them like a grand tourer and they are real matching numbers cars and ford has the GT held in much higher esteem than most holdens... holden simply just punched here cars off the production line and car build and componentry varies from state to state....

I am not a ford fan but i can appreciate the level of restoration to concours standard in a lot of their elite cars.... And detail far exceeds anything to date at a monaro nationals.... In fact concours at the last monaro nationals was downright embarrasing in comparison.... Absolutely beautiful monaros in their own right but when it comes to detail they are not a patch on the Xy boys

Each to their own i guess.....

Cruiser
    The torana is nice.... Hopefully it will be at torana fest this year....

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    i drive my gt coupe around with no plates i would rather cop fine for not having them on than lose them have heard stories of people putting paint scrapers between bonnet and wiper panel to pop the rivets so i wouldn't leave them on even in my shed
    I wonder how the Fw$%K does that help. You have a car registered with those number today. What possible use could they be to someone else other than a wall hanging!!!

MAuser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

dont really know why they get stolen so often but you always hear about cars that have plates stolen or the panel beater lost or sold them fu*#ing pieces of sh*t
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I wonder how the Fw$%K does that help. You have a car registered with those number today. What possible use could they be to someone else other than a wall hanging!!!

MAuser

Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    No need to get defensive or abusive.... Ever been to a Gt nationals... Their concours cars are detailed to higher than factory spec... that attention to detail is brought about by a far more comprehensive judging regime... This is aided by the fact that ford back in the day with their Gt spec cars built them like a grand tourer and they are real matching numbers cars and ford has the GT held in much higher esteem than most holdens... holden simply just punched here cars off the production line and car build and componentry varies from state to state....

I am not a ford fan but i can appreciate the level of restoration to concours standard in a lot of their elite cars.... And detail far exceeds anything to date at a monaro nationals.... In fact concours at the last monaro nationals was downright embarrasing in comparison.... Absolutely beautiful monaros in their own right but when it comes to detail they are not a patch on the Xy boys

Each to their own i guess.....
    Sorry didnt mean to come across like that but i like all makes of muscle cars i would kill for an xy gt i had one offered to me for 40k and i said no still kicking my self today
    but there is some nice monaros over here that dont get seen much which are like brand new know of one very well

Sandman Driver
    I cant understand people removing compliance plates from cars to truthfully protect the cars identity.

If a person genuinely believes their compliance plate is worth more than their car, and removes it to protect both the car and the plate, they have done more damage than would have been done by someone actually stealing the plate! At least the theft would have been documentable.

I can only imagine the only way this sort of action would be legally possible would be at the very least 1. prior written understanding of the intended action to remove the plate, and the reasons for it by the RTA in that state. 2. presence of an official from the RTA (or a lawyer with a digi cam and valid practicing certificate) to record all numbers and the process as it occurred. 3. restitution of the plate to the vehicle afterward.

It is vaugely possible that for very special vehicles the plates could be held elsewhere, but not if the car is gonna be registered to legally drive on the road.

Unnecesarily removing the compliance plate from an X series GT Falcon means it is no longer legally driveable on the road in any honest sense at least. Tampering with compliance plates is illegal - not to be removed!!
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 28-06-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    Im sure you guys have heard of stories of tags going missing in panel shops so why would you risk leaving them on the car
    when they are gone the car is worth a lot less and it has happened many times
    im not saying its legal to take them off but i know plenty people who have them in storage including me

And Playwe no i didnt study law because there is enough smart arses in the world
    Or it can be as simple as my HZ Sandman ute. Modified yes. But still sandman....

I was out in the shed just after driving the ute. I touched the body tag with my finger nail as it looked a bit lifted on one corner. Just by touching it it fell off. YES FELL OFF. When I rebuilt the ute I did not remove the tags. I am VERY lucky!!!! That it did not fall off down the road or at a time when I was not looking. Or the panel shop or mechanic had the ute!

Lesson learnt. Replace the 30 year old rivets!

would be nice if it worked like that but try selling a 100k car without compliance plate, potential buyer would not go near it, a note from police saying it was stolen wont get it over line. lose your plates halve the value simple as that. i will keep mine safe djust
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    I cant understand people removing compliance plates from cars to truthfully protect the cars identity.

If a person genuinely believes their compliance plate is worth more than their car, and removes it to protect both the car and the plate, they have done more damage than would have been done by someone actually stealing the plate! At least the theft would have been documentable.

I can only imagine the only way this sort of action would be legally possible would be at the very least 1. prior written understanding of the intended action to remove the plate, and the reasons for it by the RTA in that state. 2. presence of an official from the RTA (or a lawyer with a digi cam and valid practicing certificate) to record all numbers and the process as it occurred. 3. restitution of the plate to the vehicle afterward.

It is vaugely possible that for very special vehicles the plates could be held elsewhere, but not if the car is gonna be registered to legally drive on the road.

Unnecesarily removing the compliance plate from an X series GT Falcon means it is no longer legally driveable on the road in any honest sense at least. Tampering with compliance plates is illegal - not to be removed!!

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    Ford only had a 10 year dream window in the muscle car era from 1968 to 1978.... Anything outside of that is just rubbish.... If you havent you should attend the gt nationals and see first hand the difference between a concours judged XY Gt and an equivalently judged monaro or torana in the same class.... Not even in the same stratosphere
    Even narrower window than that Al. 1967 to 1973/4 ie XR to XA. Once GroupC became a reality there were no more Ford Aussie perfromance cars. Same as GMH after L34, and they were just as narrow ie 1968-1974. Yes both had homologation cars but they were not high perfromance engines eg XC Cobra and LX A9X.

Thread Information