Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: road trip

It's a rockin'

road trip

Hi all, next year my wife and i are taking 8 weeks off work for a holiday and are undecided about where to go. We live in SA and are thinking about going to perth and up the west coast to Broome or up the east coast to cairns, i am looking for suggestions about places to visit thanks .
    ps we are not interested in going overseas and will probably be travelling about may-june

Cruiser
    It's got to be the west coast and should include the southwest. Start with Esperance, to the east of there would have to be Australia's best beaches, pure white and hard enough to drive a Sandman on. Don't go in the water,it'll freeze your nuts off.Onto Albany the Augusta where you can park your Van on the road between two oceans.Margret River, surf,wine,dope and the home of the recent movie Drift:lemo.Look me up in Busselton, I'll buy you lunch. Perth and beond after that. Ask Glacier or Vombil that's their part of town. Just do it.

put a 2.78 Diff in first...
    welcome at my place...
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Plenty to see going up north west of w.a to place called yardi creek but there is so many place like that to

you could burn months up the north west coast of perth. its seriously glamour. the south west is awesome. too. very extreme. very cold or very hot. winter up north is pretty nice though. agreed with the 2.78 diff. you'll need to refinance your house if you use anything higher
    BQZ

It's a rockin'
    thanks guys, i would love to catch up with a few of you and we were leaning towards going west but never been there so didnt know what to expect.The last trip to cairns i did was in my HQ monaro and the fuel consumption wasnt too bad but it was only a 253

I'd say come east up this way - go the back way through Dubbo, Tamworth etc and then up to Cairns... But that would only be good in summer..

You never want to come this way in winter - precisley when you want to travel - In Uralla/Armidale we often hit -10 overnight and then the next day it can be as low as 3 degrees (when you factor in wind chill and rain...)

I wouldn't call that a holiday I do it everyday during winter, and I can't wait to go to the coast!! haha
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

Hey Matt, you up Armidale way? My family is originally from up that way. 160+ years worth.

As for the road trip I've done both West and East Coasts and it really depends what you are in to.
    The West, west of Geralton is 1000's of Kilometers or pretty much the same. Spectacular Kimberley views and heaps of heat, red dust, road kill and flies.
    It can get very repetitive fast! South East of Perth is far more pleasing.

Personally I enjoy being away from the coast.

Each trip is what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Hey Matt, you up Armidale way? My family is originally from up that way. 160+ years worth.
    Sure am, I'm 15-20mins south of Armidale.. Thats about the similar time/amount of years my family has been here too, 6 or 7 generations of my family has grown up/lived here (well I grow old, but I'll never grow up haha)
    My mothers side is related to a bushranger that rode with Captin Thunderbolt!
    Cheers,
    Matt

My WB Ute Build:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...te-Shed-Thread

My HZ Sandman Panelvan Replica:
    http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...nelvan-Replica

WHERE ARE YOU BHZ29069A!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 83 WB_Ute View Post
    Sure am, I'm 15-20mins south of Armidale.. Thats about the similar time/amount of years my family has been here too, 6 or 7 generations of my family has grown up/lived here (well I grow old, but I'll never grow up haha)
    My mothers side is related to a bushranger that rode with Captin Thunderbolt!
    Very cool, we'll have to catch up some day when I'm up that way. Always take in the Captain Thunderbolt statue and War Museum as we drive through Uralla.
    I know of my some distant relatives still living in Uralla.

Thread Information