Thread: Shape changer

Shape changer

Did the body shape change in the panno's when they went from HQ 2 HJ ? I'm sure I read some where that they did but can't remember where !!!! :( Or , is it the same body with just a different front end and other certain features ????

Changes are basically the dash panel, firewall and cowl. These changes were for the introduction of the HJ dash and front sheet metal (guards, bonnet etc).
    The rear of the Van/Ute remains the same (barring some minor mods) they use basically the same doors, tailgates, windscreen, bumperettes and lights etc. The reality is they are pretty much the same thing.

Sandman Guru
    As above. The only major structural change was the inclusion of the big inner strengthening bar that runs inside the inner quarters of HJ-WB ute and van and supports the retractable seat belts, plus the inclusion of integrated attachment strips for headlining on HJ-HZ Sandman van and HX-HZ Kingswood van.

Yeh ok ! I thought the HQ was a different body line but will have 2 see the 2 side by side 2 compair :-) but I'm sure ur right was just curious ! Cheers guys

Sandman Guru
    Body line is identical. The only bodies that changed significantly (apart from firewall and cowl) between HQ and HJ were sedan and wagon. Ute, van, tonner, coupe and Statesman didn't change much rearwards of the A pillar. Statesman changed dramatically at WB release, but at HJ it was only minor rear treatment.

I will say the eye brow impressions in the panels appeared softened as the dies wore. Earlier HQ's have sharper more distinct lines.

if you take a HQ door off and hang it onto a HJ -WB it will appear to sit lower in its original HQ hinge position
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Thread Information