Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACT Holden Day 7 September 2013

Leadfoot
    Jeez........... I actually considered heading down, glad I didn't now! I'll have to wait 11 months untill the next AHD for my fix, I was going to use it as an excuse to keep going over to Braidwood and have a look at this Qey though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing..... I drive through Braidwood going to Canberra, so I could have come with you on the way home.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Cruiser
    The way I see it, an average show can only get better by people supporting it. If no one shows interest or initiative, next year there will be no show. Whereas if all of us who are 'glad we didn't go' went, it would make for a much better gathering, with many more quality vehicles and inspire more to attend next year.
    That's how I like to look at it.

You're right Dago. The problem is, it was preregistered entries that closed well over a month before the event. Plenty of people struggle to be able to commit that far in advance. Didn't help that it was on Election Day.

Next year ill get the truck loaded up and go along as the GunnaDo car club. I can increase attendance by 13 on my own.

Cruiser
    At our show we push the pre registration.... Have a registration booth open on the saturday (our shownshine is sunday) just prior to the cruise and also have an on the day registration process...

Being a regional show we want as many people to come as possible

www.pambula-motorfest.com

Cruiser
    All good. I went to a BNS. it was great fun. Got together with 10 other Holden mad blokes and girls with 'Kingswoods' and held up the traffic driving quite slowly from Finley to Jerilderie... On account of not one of us having a speedo that was even nearly accurate. I know this is off topic, but it was amazing to see HQ HJ HX HZ and WB utes and tonners in a line.

Sandman Driver
    I did get to drop in, but only very quickly as I had a passenger who had to be dropped off after we did the vote thing and we were running late. So we literally had seven mins to quickly stop in, and only got to the second row. There were some pretty nice cars there just in those two rows though!

As it turned out later in the day a friend of mine who I was having drinks with had been there most of the day. There were some nice Torries and etc futher up the back I understand, there were a decent number of cars anyway, I just couldn't get to see em, I dont think theres much danger of this show collapsing really is there? For a small show it was a reasonable turn out. The cars went a fair way back beyond the trees as far as I could see. Here's a few pics of what I did get to see;

Last edited by SLR_dave; 12-09-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Thread Information