Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandman shell

Learner Driver

Sandman shell

Just wondering if anyone knows the difference In sandman shells compared to just normal panel vans? how can you tell it's a sandman shell without tags ?

It depends on which model, basically it must have the FACTORY console mounts and hole in the tunnel, and the full length headlining strips. If it is HQ it won't have the full length headlining, HX and HZ are base model Holdens with Kingswood trim levels, if it has Kingswood side strip pins that have been ground off then it's not a Sandman. A bare shell with floor shift hole, console mounts and headlining strips is a good start. If it doesn't have its tags then it can't be proved that it's a Sandman so in my opinion it must be treated as if it is not!
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjsandy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows the difference In sandman shells compared to just normal panel vans? how can you tell it's a sandman shell without tags ?
    Hi Hjsandy,

If you have a van that you are trying to authenticate you can list the details from the plates here and people will inform you about what is on them to give you a better idea. Further authentication can be had by looking at various distingushing features on the bodies by model and some plant specific features.

Some of the information like PSN and engine number sequnces are known by databases that some individuals have on the production runs of vehicles. These tell them where abouts your chassis/psn/engine number should be in a sequence of known vehicles.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

A Sandman shell without it's original tags is pretty much a worthless exercise. It would be worth little more that rust panels once cut to pieces.
    Adding Sandman tags to any body shell is illegal if they are not original to the car.

Learner Driver
    Already checked and I have a sandman and the tags on it , I'm just wondering if there are any differences in a completly bare metal hj sandman shell then just a normal hj that can tell them apart

Already checked and I have a sandman and the tags on it , I'm just wondering if there are any differences in a completly bare metal hj sandman shell then just a normal hj that can tell them apart
    i doubt it. the HJ was either belmont or kinga base so given it could be either then id imagine it would be close to impossible.

sandman (van) is just a PV with bolt on GTS options
    BQZ

there are some differences between HJ van and HJ sandman van in the body...
    i sold a HJ sandman shell recently, to a guy thats gunna put HX sandman tags on it.... the firewalls are different so goodluck with that..
    remember different plants have slight differences like seatbelt thread size and more probably
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

You need to be extremely careful what you post on an open forum, if you have a van with Sandman tags and want to know if it is the original body to the tags, then you need to ask that question.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Learner Driver
    Cheers, Adam Perth, answered my question so thanks man

Learner Driver
    G,day everyone I am new to forum and have a few questions about my HJ pano. I beleive it to be a xx7 acacia ridge car, firstly it does not have its original motor{black 308} 0r chassis {WB}, does this detract from the selling price and secondly what could it be worth.

Thread Information