Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My HJ Van

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    I think I am going to cut the van up. Floor pans and quarter panel for my ute and I might build a van one day if one turns up at the right price.

It must be one of the last HJ's, it is only a couple of months newer than my HX ute.
    dont cut it up...i will do you a deal on floor pans and a quarter panel for your ute...actually i have a whole wb ute body here that came from dubbo thats not bad...

that body is definatly to good to cut up even if it didnt have its tags..:D

Banned
    I think I will put it in a shed and think about it for a while.

No chassis and dont think I can find it. It has a ute on it somewhere along with all the running gear and interior. Might have to try a bit harder to find it.

It has made a good photo prop for my wife but when I offered to put it in the garden for some reason she refused.

ta think u may on the ball there , well lets hope so anyway

built many cars in worse nik than that , have a hq van in similar condition ..... also have a cpl of chassis's ex styleside ute ...that would sufice

Sandman Guru
    Don't worry if you don't have the original rails. Just get another set and rebuild it. It may affect value a little but it is still an original Sandman. Greg may even come across an original set of unstamped rails.

Nothing is unrestorable, it only a matter of how much you want to spend. Looks too good to cut up but then I am a great dreamer.
    Nearly on the Road

I'm with you WBute... you only have so much time and sometimes projects like that are not impossible but improbable with the time you have at your disposal.

There is probably someone out there that will love her enough and restore it.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

P Plater

Thumbs up

thats a pretty tidy body
    ive got a complete jade green sandman panno with adelaide body and melb chassis but its 60A trim and yours is 19V and thats a neat combo so please dont give it da chop
    Last edited by T-Dog; 14-06-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: mistake

scrub it oil it n put it away give it another few yrs n we will b paying as much for a shell as a whole car now lol

P Plater
    you reckon that bodys past fixing?
    it dont look too bad in that photo

far from it have it in a heartbeat ... all comes down to dollars and time .. a good clean n oil will stop further deteration ..have more projects than time myself , my daily hj . n 3 x hq's sitting in limbo , till i finish a 59 bedford 6 tonne truck

Thread Information