Thread: Front Blackouts HX Sandman

Front Blackouts HX Sandman

I have found lots of threads on blackouts but I cant find the answer on HX Front blackouts.

Does a genuine HX Sandman have blackouts on the front of the guards running around the front under the bumper?

Any info or pics would be appreciated
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

I'm no expert but am pretty sure its all black under that front bumper that wraps around on the guards. Get on Youtube and search GMHNUT and then watch the HX Commercial range including Sandman. About 30 seconds from the end you'll see the Sandman drive up and whilst the image quality isn't great, it looks all black under there as well as the bottom of the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman77hx View Post
    I'm no expert but am pretty sure its all black under that front bumper that wraps around on the guards. Get on Youtube and search GMHNUT and then watch the HX Commercial range including Sandman. About 30 seconds from the end you'll see the Sandman drive up and whilst the image quality isn't great, it looks all black under there as well as the bottom of the guards.
    Thanks buddy I thought the same thing, im booked in for paint mid June and the spray painter looked at me silly when I told him this is how its done. Better to 2x check. I will check out the You Tube link.

thanks again
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Great clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhyFkaKNoQc I thought he was going to tamper with that young lady, but I guess thats another clip
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

this vid confirms that tarp hooks were an option on Holden and standard on kingswood
    BQZ

The confusing thing about the black paint below the bumper is that the spoiler was body colour and that all-but covered the black paint.

When you follow the tradition of the performance Holdens, GTS, GTR etc, the Sandman received the same treatment, so it stands to reason that the front should be black. However, in my opinion if you are fitting a spoiler and it doesn't completely cover the black paint and leaves a small amount of black showing, then I'd paint the front body colour just so it looks neater.

Depends on whether you are doing a totally perfect restoration, or are fixing the things that Holden didn't get absolutely right back in the good old days. It's a bit like putting the anti-intrusion boards on the back of the seats.... I wouldn't put them on because they look cheap and none of us are going to be carrying lengths of pipe any more, but to be totally authentic they need to be there.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    this vid confirms that tarp hooks were an option on Holden and standard on kingswood

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Great clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhyFkaKNoQc I thought he was going to tamper with that young lady, but I guess thats another clip
    I am thinking he would have liked to have the young blokes Sandman
    HZ Persian Sand Mk2 Sandman (under full restoration)
    HX Chamois Monaro GTS

Thread Information