This is a thread to assist with updates on the Dulon colour code for Tuxedo Black.

There is another fairly recent post talking about the colour 'Tuxedo black', with a link to the shed by 'Mr_Jones' on oldholden.com, (excellent reference) but, whilst the Mr Jones shed gives excellent pictorial examples of all colours HQ-HZ,it lists the GMH colour codes, not the current Dulon code, - that seems easy but not quite so for Tuxedo Black.

(yeah I know there will be heaps of paint and panel people falling over laughing at a fuss about matching black - but I want the right black!)

The advice I got for Tuxedo Black from a reputable PPG distributor was that 'it was just a black', but there is a listed replacement and Holden now call it Midnight Black. Not real satisfied, I had a look through the forum, - found the aforementioned post on this, same issue, - and Mr Jones was the provided answer, his shed lists Tuxedo Black as (2214 15991) a 1978 colour.

After seeing that post, going back with the 'Mr Jones' GMH code at two other paint shops didnt give me a certain answer, so I thought it was worth starting a thread on it. Also, coincidentally there was a post today regarding Sandman Paint colours - entitled 'Paint', it strikes me, to prevent doubling up, it might be an idea to have a subsection in 'paint n panel' which deals just with paint numbers and codes? Could save this sort of question repeating?

Anyways, the auto paint shops I talked to couldnt work out if it was Tuxedo Black, or Tuxedo Black Mk.2.

Internet searching helped me conclude that of course, Dulon or Holden, or both, change their paint codes from time to time.

Eventually found a site that gave that Tuxedo Black, came as Tuxedo Black (15991 Dulon) and Tuxedo Black Mk 2, (30861 Dulon) both available in 1978. Also when cross refencing to othe sites, that it seems to be that the Dulon code for Tuxedo Black Mk 2 was 15991 but is now 1K001/5131
I got a feeling this is gonna be the current GMH Midnight black. Possibly question answered?

(The sites I seached included uniquecars, gmh-torana, oldholden, monaroparts and others, just giving credit to the web-resources these sites provided.)

But back to Tuxedo Black, was it MK.2, and does anyone have the current (or ex) Dulon Code for it?