Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory Air

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    There was another setup which you had to cut the glovebox out to fit in, pretty ugly I think.
    I have one of these units as well as the under dash unit which has 2 vents in it.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Air Con.

I had intergrated air con fitted by the selling dealer, about six month's after I bought my ute. Being fitted in a ute it worked really well, especially when I drove it out to places like Bourke and so on. It tend's to get warm out that way in January.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

When i had my HG i usewd to have an under dash unit.
    I went for a ride day at Oran Park and it was 43 degrees in the shade let alone on the track in black leathers.
    We we were coming home, the Mrs was the only person on the freeway, with a blanket wrapped around her. But gee the ute was cool inside. :D :D :D

I have a factory air con setup in my HJ Premier with an aftermarket (new more effici;)ent) compressor.
    It works great and if left on the floor mode will put your feet to sleep! (cold) Nice and cool and you cant tell unless you pop the bonnet. Neat as! Would be even better if Holden made a more powerful fan but?

Banned
    That sounds like the go! A decent compressor thats not as big as a 202 red motor. What sort is it?

That sounds like the go! A decent compressor thats not as big as a 202 red motor. What sort is it?
    generally they use a sanden rotary compressor...

Banned
    Thats what I have on my wb but the ac man says its not big enough to run the factory integrated setup. I have to run it on recirculate all the time.
    They reckon the receiver drier is the most efficient part and it sits in the engine bay next to the extractors:shifty:.

Thats what I have on my wb but the ac man says its not big enough to run the factory integrated setup. I have to run it on recirculate all the time.
    They reckon the receiver drier is the most efficient part and it sits in the engine bay next to the extractors:shifty:.
    im not gunna argue with your a/c man but ive sold probably 25 factory a/c set ups in the last 10 years and most are using the sanden compressors as they are more efficient and pull less power than a harrison unit..

in saying this though you can buy remanufactured harrison units in australia for under $400..go to..and search in the a/c section..this company is in wollongong.pontiworld

www.usgmsp.com

Just to give you bit of an idea, the receiver/drier is the filter for your aircon.Works in the same manor as your oil & fuel filters.It just stops shit getting through the system and going to the TX valve.
    The TX valve is similar to a needle and seat set up.If junk gets in there it keeps it blocks the system and stops it from working.
    So really being next to the extractors wont really matter that much, and the heat from them won't effect the system dramatically.

Hope this helps.

Banned
    Yeah I didnt word that very well, I mean it probably gets colder than the evaporator but you cant use it to any benefit as it is in the engine bay. If you put your hand on it when the ac is on it freezes your hand.
    I bet your an AC fitter Agro and I am making myself sound silly:shifty:. It wouldnt be the first time I had done that.

Thread Information