Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Grunt's Papaya HX Sandman 18v 308 4 speed Project

Your a bloody freak grunt and i mean that in the nicest way

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Geez Mate for a 1st time headliner installation you did a great job.

I remember when my mate the trimmer and I did one of my Toranas it was my 1st time and I had no idea until he showed me.

You worked it out and did it just like a PRO.

You have a great understanding of how things work, as is evidenced throughout the entire build.

Great job Mate.

Thanks Rob, just got to be patient and work things out, and don't be afraid to ask people if you need help

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    Your a bloody freak grunt and i mean that in the nicest way
    yes mate, im sure its a sickness
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Learner Driver
    Hi Grunt,

Your van looks amazing, I have been watching the thread from a distance. Beautiful job. I desperately need someones who I can trust to apply my decals. Would you consider helping me out, I would be very happy to pay you for your time and skills. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Absynth View Post
    Hi Grunt,

Your van looks amazing, I have been watching the thread from a distance. Beautiful job. I desperately need someones who I can trust to apply my decals. Would you consider helping me out, I would be very happy to pay you for your time and skills. Let me know.

PM sent mate
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Watch out Grunt, you could end up with a weekend job putting on Sandman Decals, Oh by the way I will need someone to apply mine when she's done :-)
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick61 View Post
    Watch out Grunt, you could end up with a weekend job putting on Sandman Decals, Oh by the way I will need someone to apply mine when she's done :-)
    I dont mind helping out if someone needs it
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Learner Driver
    Just read this whole thread on your restoration. What a great job you have done and you deserve all of the positive comments on what you have done and your posts. In doing this you have saved yourself a lot of $$$ plus the personal satisfaction of when people "Drawl" over your Sandman you did a lot of the restoration yourself.

This is a created to you and your ability. Great Job!!

Yes Grunt, great job. I keep referring to your thread for my HZ resto. Every time I read it I discover something different I should be doing. Btw, Great work on your hoodlining. I have used KBS rust proofing in my motorcycle tanks in the past and found it to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by HX Bordeaux Met Sandman View Post
    Just read this whole thread on your restoration. What a great job you have done and you deserve all of the positive comments on what you have done and your posts. In doing this you have saved yourself a lot of $$$ plus the personal satisfaction of when people "Drawl" over your Sandman you did a lot of the restoration yourself.

This is a created to you and your ability. Great Job!!
    Thanks mate, I love to drive her, have put nearly 3000 dry km's

Quote Originally Posted by Duc1991 View Post
    Yes Grunt, great job. I keep referring to your thread for my HZ resto. Every time I read it I discover something different I should be doing. Btw, Great work on your hoodlining. I have used KBS rust proofing in my motorcycle tanks in the past and found it to be very good.
    Glad the thread has helped, I did it so people had an idea of what is involved and they can make an educated decision to do it themselves or seek personal help.

I have done a few more things to her and will post up some pics for all to see
    Last edited by Grunt; 08-05-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

So I have been doing a few cruises and shows and wanted a bit more under bonnet bling. I bought a sheet of 3mm mirror acrylic sheet to make mirror in fills under the bonnet. I had an old bonnet left over so I used that to make the templates.
    2x beer boxes later I had a set.
    The mirror was cut with a jigsaw. Where the mirror fixes under the bonnet I put that clear body vinyl, the stuff used to stop stone chips in those areas.
    The reason for this was if ever the mirror needed to be removed the paint would not be damaged and the whole underside would look factory again.
    The mirror was installed using double sided foam tape and urethane adhesive.

Thanks to the many photographers at the shows who can take much better photos than I do

Last edited by Grunt; 08-05-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    HX Sandman
    Chevrolet Avalanche
    HQ Wagon

Thread Information