Thread: HQ-WB V8 Extractors

Cruiser

HQ-WB V8 Extractors

G'day Everyone,

I have a set of used Genie tri-y extractors, in very good condition, no dents on the bottom of the pipes, if anyone is interested. Wanting $100.

Cheers Mark

Sandman Guru
    Are they HQ-HJ style (with the chocke pipe on driver's side and heat riser pipe on passenger side)?

Manual/trimatic or TH400?

Cruiser
    Came out of a manual HZ ute, can post pics up tomorrow if you want

Sandman Driver
    Ive got a 308 with the Chevy bolt pattern, I think it came out of an HK, I wonder if there's any reason they wouldn't fit? (If you still have them, and nobody else has dibs on em?)

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    Ive got a 308 with the Chevy bolt pattern, I think it came out of an HK, I wonder if there's any reason they wouldn't fit? (If you still have them, and nobody else has dibs on em?)
    HK's didn't offer Australian V8 engines only Chev imports. Even HT and HG Blocks were Holden pattern not Chev. The early Tri-Matic gearboxes were three piece housing with removable bellhousing.

Sandman Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    HK's didn't offer Australian V8 engines only Chev imports. Even HT and HG Blocks were Holden pattern not Chev. The early Tri-Matic gearboxes were three piece housing with removable bellhousing.
    Thank you for letting me know, I was told by the bloke I got this motor off that he thought it had come out of HK, it had been in a Jag prior to me getting it so its history is unknown to me. Its a real nice motor though, it had a Powerglide bolted on the back when I got it, its now waiting for some attention - I got a Castlemaine Rod Shop Bell housing to convert the Chevy pattern to M21bolted it all up and sat in my resto for 'awaiting projects'. Its been a while since I actually looked at it, I'm getting to it soon! lol I thought Holden did make some 308s in the Chevy pattern to fit the Powerglides early on, but maybe I got this idea from the bloke I got the motor off, so definately worth some more investigation, cheers for that!
    Last edited by SLR_dave; 19-04-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
    I thought Holden did make some 308s in the Chevy pattern to fit the Powerglides early on,
    Sorry, I should have written Powerglide instead of Tri-Matic in my earlier post. The real early Holden Powerglides were three piece with a removable bellhousing.
    Of course the same is true of the Tri-Matic. Turbo/Chev patten Holden 308 blocks didn't happen in HK-T-G.

Your engine number should give up what model your block is from.

Cruiser
    Yep, still have them if you're interested, going away for the weekend though so will be out of contact.

Sandman Guru
    Put up some picturs as before.

Cruiser

I can't work out how to get rid of the text, someone smarter than me no doubt can.

Thread Information