Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HFS HZ Sandman Valencia orange BHZ17579S

HFS HZ Sandman Valencia orange BHZ17579S

could this be the best combo for HZ?
    18V black trim, Valencia and 308 Turbo 400.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...NDMAN-14658979

i would love to buy this one.. i don't know why the resto didn't include the front spoiler being put back on...

mods, can you please put BHZ17579S in the title. also i got the rego wrong..
    Last edited by adam perth; 08-04-2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: error
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

$45,000.00 WOW! You'd have to be extremely keen.
    I'd want a whole lot better than this resto for that sort of cash.
    That's W.A mining money, yet the car is in Sydney. At least you want have any trouble clearing the Great Dividing Range with that ride height!

I agree, best combo out there, except it needs to be manual.

Sandman Guru
    It'd be close to the most desirable HZ Sandman van. Anything L31 M41 will always be the one to have, but Valencia with Slate black is very cool. There are a couple of other colour combos that i'd have before it like Ultra Blue, Tiuxedo Black or Caribbean Turquoise all with 60V trim, but the fact it is L31 M41 means i'd choose that over the other colour combos in L31 M21 any day. It is a new one to my database too, never come across it before. $45k is a bit steep though, but if it is as good as the ad states low $30k wouldn't be out of the question. If it was a ute i'd pay that for it when the timing was right.

Factory airconditioning would make it a really well optined van, but a lot of buyer's were stretched just paying for it in the first place. I don't think it is too overpriced, considering what prices some are asking for vehicles that need a total restoration and the subsequent cost's invoved.
    It's from my old area, I would like to have a good look at it. I have no where to keep it though, and I would not use it as a daily driver.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    When you look at the option costs of the day, adding L31 M41 and air made the vehicle about 25% dearer or something like that. Lot of dough hence why both are rare. I imagine most would have been ordered, not too many built for plant stock in that combo.

Sandman Driver
    Do u have think the valencia was the cheaper colour to have on the sandman in those day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I don't think it is too overpriced, considering what prices some are asking for vehicles that need a total restoration and the subsequent cost's invoved.
    I don't personally think $45,000.00 is too much for a desirable Sandman model. My point on this one is the quality of the restoration vs the price asked. It would still cost quite a bit on top of the purchase price to put things right to bring it up to top spec. Exhaust, Engine Bay, Dash Facia, Mudflaps, Grill badge and the list goes on. At $45,000.00 I'd want cost to perfection and this ain't it. Albeit a rather good starting point. At $35,000.00 spend $10k putting it right you'd have a $45k Sandman to the right person so long as it's history is intact.

yeah not for me either. i wouldnt spend that kinda gink and then top up the purchase price making it the way it should be
    BQZ

Cruiser
    Yeah $45,000 definateley a bit rich taking into account the things that need to be corrected if the buyer is wanting a more original looking version, is it just me or is that hoodlining or so incorrect doesnt look like sandpaper or ripped looks more like slate black vinyl?? Personally would rarther a manual than an auto but i can appreciate that auto's are very rare.

Thread Information