Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Australian Van Nationals

2011 Australian Van Nationals

Hello Everybody,
    The suggestion was made that we post the Van Nationals info on here as well. So here we are.
    The nationals will be back at Phillip Island for the coming year. Those who were there this year will know what a good event it was, yeah sure, some things didn't go according to plan, but overall, it was a very good nats. Even the venue management was very impressed with us, so much so, they invited us back.
    Since I can't seem to attach any actual info here, I shall provide the link to the VCV website: www.vanning.org.au. Click on the link, go to 2011 Nationals and the entry form, advice sheet and sponsor details are all there.
    Spread the word in South Oz to other van members and clubs and hopefully we'll see you there. If you have any questions, please email us at vannats@live.com.au and we will answer as best as possible.
    Thank you for your time and looking forward to seeing as many supporters of vanning at the next nationals.
    Maz :D

Awesome Maz!
    Here is the entry form people need to fill out.

http://www.vanning.org.au/nats2011/c...%2025.5.10.pdf

thanks Blocker.....

Welcome Maz to the forum. :D
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    Welcome Maz to the forum. :D
    thanks Agsy... did you get my last email re the entry form you had filled in? i.e. the balance at the end...

Van Nats!!???????

I have to be honest we made the trek to the Island this year (on my bike lookin 4 a van!), and was a
    little disappointed with the turn out!
    We stayed in Cowes and saw 2 Schmick Vans parked in the street that werent even at the event!!
    Then there was an accident on our way off on Sat avo that closed the road off the Island for hours!!
    Even with no accidents it takes ages to get onto and off the Island!!
    Im not knockin the organisers or anything but I think that the Island is just TOOOOO far away for alot of ppl to get to! And accomodation is scarce aswell!

More opinions please!!!

It's a pity circumstance made it difficult for you, and I agree that accommodation is hard to find (unless you have a shack )

I read that the Van council take suggestions on the weekend at the event, so it might be good to do the trek down there just one more time and make a suggestion for a different venue.

Australia is a massive island, so it will always be a pain for someone wherever it gets held.

Van nats

If at least 4-6 of our group (forum) plan on going, we would be more than interested in making the trek down......it would be better to be in Bendigo, or Ballerat, or even Newcastle, as 3-4 hours closer for us...but we can just make a holiday out of it.....Blocker is right, we are all so spread out, that nowhere is close for any of us.....:neutral:

I agree that some one will always be tooooo far away from the venue!! Ive got family on the Island so accom is not really a prob and the bike trip was great!!
    I was just a little disappointed that I didnt get to see ALL the vans!!
    It seems the way they run it is one day is for the entrants only, and the next day is for the public to come see.
    I was only the PUBLIC this year and there were a lot of vans in the pics on their site that werent there on the PUBLICS day!!
    So I guess that I am just a little disappointed that I didnt get to see ALL the vans !!
    Im sure if the gods work in my favour that I might be able to make it down there again in 2011!!
    Any chance of THIS site having a group display there?? Would be a great way to spread the word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdragon View Post
    thanks Agsy... did you get my last email re the entry form you had filled in? i.e. the balance at the end...
    Yes i did and thanks. :D
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Thread Information