Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Australian Van Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by hux454 View Post
    G'day Maz,

Just a thought, most vanners seem to be in the NSW/VIC region. Maybe having it in some central location to these 2 states would maximise participation (Woolongong, Wangaratta, Albury/Wodonga) etc. By having it way down south at Philip Island could deter potential entrants (like me for instance) having to travel so far.
    Somewhere in central Vic or NSW might be the go. Don't think I'm trying to tell you how to your job. I think you & your organisers do a great job. Just a positive comment for future events.

Cheers,
    Glenn.
    Sounds much closer for the ones in central NSW and even Newcastle area.....

thanks guys and gal, yeah, we know, but whoever puts on the nationals, gets to choose where it's held. If the votes had gone my way, we'd be going to Benalla... However, they didn't so we go to where the chosen location is for the winning bid. Maybe next year?? come along, join in and vote....
    BTW, Phillip Island is a great holiday destination, lots to see and do so you can make a real holiday out of it....

Am i going to be able to go see the penguins one night whilst i'm down there?
    Or do curfew rules prevent that?
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    I'm sure you can ask mum and dad to let you stay up to watch the penguins for one night.

Bwahahahahaha

Seriously, this year i heard that the owners of the property wanted vehicle movement to finish by a certain time.
    Maz should be able to confirm this.
    BO6 = Rarer then a Sandman

I can put a curfew on you if you like.....:lol:

go to www.visitphillipisland.com for all the island's attractions and information

and if there aren't any penguins for you to view agsy, we can always get you a blow up penguin:lol::lol::lol:

Bwahahahahaha

Seriously, this year i heard that the owners of the property wanted vehicle movement to finish by a certain time.
    You can view the penguins everyday at Nobbies, but you need to book in and get there around an hour or two earlier to get a good seat. The program lasts a few hours and ends around 10pm ish.

For kids you can go to the fun shed which is great value, the chocolate factory is nice to visit.
    The RSL club in Cowes is a great place to grab a drink and a fine feed, also there's a couple great Pizza bars down toward the jetty.

Bwahahahahaha

Since they didn't know what to expect from us, they asked if we could minimise vehicle use on the grounds etc etc etc.
    Since then, they realise we're not the baddies they thought they might end up with and relaxed the whole thing.
    We still can't used motorbikes etc around the place, and car games are out due to insurance issues.

I really wouldn't worry about what others say in regards to curfews etc etc, it's just a few people that will whinge
    about anything anyway, no matter what the situation... ya can't please everyone.

its ok agro...if you dont get to see the penguins while you are there i will take you to a nunnery i know that has the best penguins you are ever likely to see...ok...

it's still all happening... trophies are being organised, merchandise is coming along as well, though it may be minimal since entries have slowed down and so has the money from entries coming in. Nevertheless, we're trying to have extra stuff but it'll only happen if the cash flow continues.. Entries are good but we'd like to see more pre-entries with payments being made.... We've got a couple of sponsors, but nothing major at this stage, companies are holding back at the mo. Don't forget entry forms etc are at www.vanning.org.au or email us at VanNats@live.com.au for any queries. Only 184 sleeps to go!!!

Thread Information