Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HQ Sandman/GTS repro front guards

HQ Sandman/GTS repro front guards

Hey all!!

Has anyone had any experience with these repro front guards? The eBay listing says they need some adjustment for correct fitting, but a new batch is in the works for a better fit. Not sure the thickness of these...but the box says theyre made in Taiwan, so they might be a thinner gauge metal than the originals.

Paying a bit more for guards that dont need work makes sense, but it looks like these DO need some tweaking.... whats your thoughts people?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MakeTrack=true

If you have to do tweaking anyway, I'd rather go buy an original and do some rust repairs.
    Are these missing the beauty line on the top bit or is it just not showing up in the photo?

I think the 'beauty' line is still there...just a bit hard to make out in the pics

I've emailed the supplier to see what the go is with the new batch of guards that are getting the adjustment...see what happens.

Not sure if this is something Rare Spares is working with as well

Cruiser
    One thing i will say about this seller..... They are very honest.... No way in the world rare spares would discount them just because they didnt fit right

$600 per guard, and that's the discounted price?

Plenty of $3000 complete cars around with them on. Buying individual parts is a mugs game. Donor cars FTW.

The seller emailed me back...it'll be more than a year till they get the next batch pressed and ready for sale.

I cant understand how they cant get it right with all the technology they have got today
    here is an original one copy that exactly how fricken hard can it be its metal ffs

It's a rockin'
    looking at the photo the door looks too low and it probably looks bad because the guard is a different colour .If you have a look at any old original holden the panel gaps were not good

guard is hard up against cowl and sits out from door. assume the door hasnt been touched. that would require a little more than 'minor' tweaking. go donor and carn the rust repairs! its easy
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    I cant understand how they cant get it right with all the technology they have got today
    here is an original one copy that exactly how fricken hard can it be its metal ffs
    The company that got the HK-HT guards done got the RH ones good, but stuffed up the left side - they got the holes in the wrong places!

I think you'll find a lot of NOS that has been available for a while now were from containers full of rejects that GMH auctioned off. They were rejected parts, and rejected for a reason ie off-spec. Guess what some of the stuff that is reproed has been copied off? Makes sense to use NOS doesn't it? I think most stuff is sorted out before it is done, but I think a few made this mistake. The best NOS stuff to buy is gear that comes out of old dealerships or been stored for many years.

Thread Information