body 8m70tgh903524x
    model hx8w m70
    body 207997-a
    paint 568-17778
    eng l31
    trans m21
    rr axl gv4
    gvm 1950kg seats 2

is missing some bits but looks like it could be genuine has 4.2 badges on tailgate no gts steering wheel and other assorted bits but being sold as a sandman i am interested in buying but only if genuine. All numbers appear to match you listings but gmh told me to look for the option codes but they are not stamped on the plate.

Regards

Steve

Ross308 welcome to the site and you will get better info here on Sandman's than you will from GM Holden!

Paint is Aquarius and the numbers look good for a Sandman!

Sandman Guru
    As above Holden today have little idea what GMH were doing back then, and are of liitle to no help. I'd be surprised if it isn't a Sandman. It is a 5.0L example, or at least the tags were off a 5.0L example. VIN and BODY numbers pretty much align, i'd have to see the build date and chassis numbers to tell you if that ID plate belongs to the others. TRIM line off the body plate will help too, it is probably 60A but could also be 18V.

Ross308 Also don't forget to check for the Consle brackets and Full Headlining attatchments
    Cheers Calbert.

Sandman Guru
    Console doesn't conclusively help on a HX, but to be a Sandman it has to have one. Same for headlining.

Learner Driver
    thanks for the help already forgot to put trim code down 1914-60a and the car is aqua in colour with no decals
    build is 9/76 other number off plate is ahx10238s will check chassis whein i go back to check through the week.
    thanks
    Last edited by ross308; 23-03-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Sandman Driver
    Nice.

Got an pics of the van mate . Aqua van nice.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ross308 View Post
    thanks for the help already forgot to put trim code down 1914-60a and the car is aqua in colour with no decals
    build is 9/76 other number off plate is ahx10238s will check chassis whein i go back to check through the week.
    thanks
    That chassis number fits perfectly with the other plates. Just check it matches the rails. By what I have recorded, i'd be about 98% sure it is a Sandman. Passenger tyres, bucket seats, L31, M21 in Aquarius with Chamois/Black trim. You'd have to be unlucky. So you need to check the body now for evidence of front and rear console mounts and side and rear headlining attachment points. That'll get me to 99%. Sure it could still be a Kingswood body with Sandman or non-Sandman plates or it could be a non-Sandman Holden van optioned with comfort pack and XU4. Also check for remnants of stripes, you couldn't delete these in HX. Check to make sure there are no evidence of side bump strips either (standard on a Kingswood body).

Learner Driver
    thanks will check these and hopefully take some pics

what about looking in the glove box at the tyre placard number and posting that up, I would doubt that they would have changed the glove box lid...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thread Information