Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extractors

Extractors

Any body recommend a good brand for a set of extractors for a 308 im wanting to buy a set now
    I heard the names pacemaker and genie do they still make them for 308 or is there other brands i should be looking at

Basically you have two types. Tri-Y and Tune Length Headers. Tri-Y are normally a tighter, neater fit with 3x "Y" joins in the pipes. 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom for making a single pipe.
    Tune length headers are 4 into 1 at a large collector, typically with a 3 bolt flange. They are called tuned length as each pipe is (supposedly) the same length and come together at the collector. These can be messier fit because of the extra length in pipe circling back.

Pacemaker and Genie are respected brands and you would be likely happy with either. Pacemakers for me can hang a little low to the ground. But I like my cars down in the weeds.
    Other brands include HM Headers, Hurricane, Outlaw, Perry, and quite a few re-badged from Liverpool Exhaust.
    Last edited by Innuendo; 21-03-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Are genies better than pacemaker has any body used these types of extractors

It's a rockin'
    is there any reason you want extractors ? i have had my standard manifolds ceramic coated black and they look good

Cruiser
    Think I have the Hurricanes on mine have just had the rest of the exhaust fitted and sounds very tuff, they are a good snug fit .

make sure they fit your HZ RTS Bar. they are advertised to fit HQ to WB, but not al sets clear the 45 deg brace RTS bar
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

I've got a set of pacemakers on mine (they are blue in colour) they are 1 3/4 primary's into 3inch collectors. They cost about $600 and are fantastic. I find the 4 into 1 style are good for bottom end and the 4 into 2 into 1 commonly known as "headers" are good for highway driving.

So what would be a good size for a mildy worked 308 tuned length extractors or headers

Cruiser
    I had Pacemakers the same as RAEME's on my old HQ. It ran a mildly worked 308. they were good for sound and a little power. My current HQ runs a generic brand and I've had then repaired twice... I reckon you get what you pay for with extractors.

Wow just got a quote from genie $880 for 4 into 1 extractors to suit 308 van for modified engines

Thread Information