Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hq sandman?

Sandman Driver
    Expensive build to start with 50k. Then the resto begins.

For that sort of money it should be it show room condition.

Quote Originally Posted by jaft View Post
    Expensive build to start with 50k. Then the resto begins.

For that sort of money it should be it show room condition.
    jaft, if he gets the money he wants, our red van in its current condition should be worth $70 plus, but I doubt he will get it.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Learner Driver

HQ Sandman?

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I've recorded this one before. It is a tad expensive for a 253 Sandman, but it is a HQ!
    It is expensive, but we are after a HQ and this is a solid lead - just like to confirm that you do consider it to be an authetic Sandman?

Cheers

Mella

I'm team HQ all the way.....but not 50K. The condition it's in, if its numbers matching, I'd max out at 25K tops. And thats being really generous.

Restos under 30K are almost unheard of. Food for thought I guess

So the asking is down to $30,000 from $50,000.
    If you're chasing one badly, you might be able to negotiate a deal as the price seems to be flexible.
    I've seen much, much better and far more desirable HQ Sandman Van's (I.E: L31/M21) in need of restoration sell for around $20,000

Still, if you save this one and make it good. You'll still have a rare HQ Sandman, although you'd want to make 100% sure it is what they claim it to be and check the car from top to toe.
    Because you will have to throw in access of $30,000 at it to make it right. (Depending on your own skills).

Learner Driver
    Where do you find such HQ's, this is the only lead we have had for months... do you have to know someone who knows someone LOL! We have been offered a HJ Sandman with original 308 and windows for the same price in great condition - tossing up between the two. Hubby loves HQ's and loves to re-build but the HJ is in fine condition and the HQ is in very poor condition.....need to make a decision and so confused now :(

I don't know of any for sale at the moment. You just have to wait and keep your eyes open (and have the money ready). You could attend car shows and make offers on one you feel is appealing.

I'm sure if people find out that some serious money is on offer for the right car, you might turn something up.

In the meantime keep you eyes on the forum, classifieds, auction sites and car shows.

With less than 100 built 40 years ago...its not going to be a walk in the park finding one. If hubby is determined for a hq sandy, im afraid he is going to have to be patient and determined in his search....saying that, theyre still out there.....just follow up on anything you hear

If you want a compromise this is the HJ to buy:
    http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/...ale/JCW3315550

L31/M21 with plenty of appeal and you can still work on it to put it right.

Learner Driver
    Ive given up on the HQ at Tamworth, it is in really bad shape and is missing loads of parts plus the guy is irrational (sighs heavily with disappointment) I will keep on looking Be great if you all could let me know if see/hear know of any about - really would like a HQ Sandman.

Thread Information