Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HJ door tims

HJ door tims

I have a hj sandman with 1900 – 60v trim wich I have been told it chamois I have a question about the door trims are they they kingswood type or the Belmont type mine is a 11/75 build and if they are Belmont are the seams stitched or welded I have found heaps of pics of hj sandman’s with both types of door trims. i have read other post on this but non give a deff answer on it . thanks guys

Sandman Guru
    60V is Beige on 11/75 HJ Sandman, they are the same door trims the Holden van that the Sandman package is applied to would get if it was optioned with armrests. Same also as HJ Belmont sedan or wagon optioned with armrests. Look for 60V trim on bucket HJ's or 60W on bench seat HJ's with M on the ID plates (eg M80, M70, M69 or M35). They are different to 60V HJ Kingswood door trims. Same to look at but different vinyl (single tone grain rather than two tone).

ok cos i was told by another guy on here it shoud be chomios now im a lil lost on wat trim i need

Sandman Guru
    Chamois is the name of the Kingswood trim.

ok so it sould have the belmont door trims? do u no if they were seams welded or stitched as the belmont my mate has are stitched but dont no if the original

Pic from my old original early HJ Sandman door trim, you can see they are welded, or vacumn formed I don't know the exact manufacture method.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ehbits View Post
    ok so it sould have the belmont door trims? do u no if they were seams welded or stitched as the belmont my mate has are stitched but dont no if the original
    Yes, but only Belmont sedan and wagon. HJ ute and van base model weren't called Belmont, just Holden ute and van. Same door trims though. If you find the HJ release panel van brochure there is a picture of the same trims Blocker put up for ute or van or Sandman. The HJ Sandman release or the later Son of the Beach brochures show you the Kingswood Sandman ute door trims.

The base model HJ Holden Sandman got base model door trim like pictured above. Look for 8WM70 on the body id plate.

Kingswood based Sandman got Kingswood door trim. Look for 8WN80 on the body plate.

ok soz guys but some of you are contradicting ur self’s and the info on this page it says if is its 80wn80 for a van its not a sandman on the info on this page and some of the original sandman brochures show hj sandmans with both types of trim, hk1837 has told me in this forum that my trim should be beige but in another were I asked he told me it was chamois im just a lil confused on what it should be, im asking as I have a no a guy selling a retrimmed sot of seat in chasios 60v they are sticked and not welded but a good price do u think it would make a huge difference to the van value in the end im new to the sandman thing. thanks for help

ehbits - HJ can be confusing so please give us more information to help you.
    Please answer the following;

1. Is it a ute or van?
    2. What numbers appear on the body plate? (8WMxx or 8WNxx)

This will help so we can tell you the name of the trim and whether it should be Kingswood trim or Holden trim.

Thanks.

Thread Information