Thread: Hq chassis number

Hq chassis number

Ok guys this is not a sandman question but a 9/71 hq ls monaro coupe that I have aquired , the first thing I done was to wire wheel the area on the chassis where the numbers normally are and found this
    image.jpg
    It looks to be only a letter A on there and doesn't appear to have been ground off or anything and also the car is fairly original. Now I know that a lot of chassis were changed in the 80,s etc and have heard of blank ones but just one letter seems a bit odd.
    Do hq,s even have stamps like the later j,x,z as I can't find to much info?
    Any help appreciated
    Ben

Hmmm... you would think it was a replacement chassis.

There should be a chassis number there. If it was changed and no-one told the rego people I guess they would just keep on registering it. Only if it was transfered interstate might the number be rechecked by a dilagent worker.

If you try and register that I would assume you would need a police number stamped into it.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

P Plater
    I wrecked a hj statesman and it had a RTS chassis with no stamped numbers but had a part number painted on the side that bolted up to the body,in the end I had to stamp a police number when I used it on the monaro.cheers

It's a rockin'
    if it was SA registered it wont be a problem all my rego papers show "chassis number not recorded" put up some more photos of the car please i am rebuilding a HQ coupe myself

Thanks guys yeah it is s.a regoed and just walked in and done it after not being registered in probably 10 years, we've got some pretty relax laws in little old Adelaide in that regard.even tho it's not drive able yet just wanted to make sure.
    This one is gunna be a full rotisserie job so will probably take me a few years , I guess I was hoping the chassis matched but knew it probably wouldn't . I will start a thread when I get it under way( I know it's not a sandman but its the next best thing right)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information