Thread: HQ Seatbelts

Cruiser

HQ Seatbelts

Did the HQ Sandman come out with retractable seatbelts?? I am thinking no, looking at buying a good second hand set (non retractable) just wanted to double check, thanks

Hj308,

No, retractables were introducted to the commercial range in the changes implimented on 1/1/75 on HJ's. HQ's did have retractables in other models like the Statesman in '74 but these were not carried through to the commercials. HQ, and early HJ, have different mounting points in the bodies to accomodate the floppies.

Mauser
    Last edited by mauser; 04-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Driver
    Mauser, or anyone with some advice I have a 6/73 HQ Ute with 3 seating cap, (it will be fitted with a bench seat) What style seat belts am I looking at fitting ??? cheers for your assistance... ( I do want one in middle) Floppy or Retractable ??? And if retractable is the dispenser set low as in my HJ van or half way up the plenieum??

Quote Originally Posted by micks_sandman View Post
    Mauser, or anyone with some advice I have a 6/73 HQ Ute with 3 seating cap, (it will be fitted with a bench seat) What style seat belts am I looking at fitting ??? cheers for your assistance... ( I do want one in middle) Floppy or Retractable ??? And if retractable is the dispenser set low as in my HJ van or half way up the plenieum??
    Inertia reel seat belts were never installed in HQs. The belts in HQs didn't have stalks either, large chrome or stainless buckles with a press button that had the Holden logo in them, not the later orange ones either
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Thread Information