Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HJ sandman body and trim help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HJ sandman body and trim help

Hi, I had a HJ sandman im 100% sure it is a genuine sandman, when I got it, it had been butchered. It has all black and grey cloth, black dash, black headling. The trim code is 60V so seats and door trims should be chamois but not sure about the dash and carpet colour. Also it has a twin head light front on it but have been told HJ sandman’s didn’t have prem fronts but some ppl on the old sandman club web site told me they did, they could be ordered this way from factory. If any one could help that would be great

Sandman Guru
    60V has covert dash and carpet. If the Premier front is original it isn't a Sandman, it'll be a B06 Ambulance pack. Sandman always had the same nose as a GTS bar the badges, so HJ got the HJ GTS nose which is a twin headlight. Only HZ Sandman got a quad headlight nose.

ok must not be original front as it is an xx7 hj sandman and is the 60v a rare trim colour as i cant find any pics of a sandman in this colour so help me find the right colour parts

Sandman Guru
    60V is pretty common. Called Beige on a HJ Belmont and Holden, and Chamois/Covert on HJ Kingswood.

oh ok i just cant dind many if any pics with this trim and if i do they all have different dash colours from a pale cream, brown, or a greeny cream colour and i have been throught tones of wrecks and many find brown, black,blue, green or buckskin no 60v chamois as yet .. just my luck lol

i found an old pic of a hj sandman with the 60v trim in mag i have and i has black dash and carpet all the rest is chamios would that be right ? or all covert as u said

Sandman Guru
    That is 60A, chamois/black

ok thanks , so is it covert a grey or a greeny grey all the pics i find on the net are different one even show a cream nearly like the chomios? im just not haven much luck fineing the right colour so i can then go out and find the trim i need

Try here, http://gallery.oldholden.com/Mr_Jone...nterior+Codes/, this is a link to Leroy's shed at OldHolden.com, he is also known as Mr Jones on this and other forums, just make sure you pay him the appropriate royalties fee
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    This is early HJ 60V but Premier. Same colours used though. Just prior to LX Torana release in early 1976 HJ changed colour and trim which is when 60V changed to 60A. The same colours and trim carried on into HX.

Prem upload2.jpg

Thread Information