Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trim material

trim material

Can some one tell me how i find out what material came out on my hz sandman its a 77 model
    like the hoodling seats and door trim all i know is its buckskin has anybody got this info for me that would be great
    cheers gene.

Sandman Guru
    I'll have a look later when near the books.

Thanks byron i was waiting for you to reply
    your the man

- - - Updated - - -

i just worked out who you are bryron on the other forum where on

Sandman Guru
    The vinyl on the seats is called Caribou, and I think door trims are the same. Some people call it "long grain roadrunner". Same stuff used on HJ and HX except there was no Buckskin in those series. What you want is trim code 63V for HZ Kingswood or Kingswood SL, not 63V for Holden as the vinyl will be different. Kingswood vinyl is a 2-tone when you look close, in the black trim they even gave it a different trim code and called it slate black due to the 2-tone effect. Watch also for HZ 62V and later 63C as these are different too. The name of 62V and 63V on Holden (except Sandman) is something that eludes me, it may just be Beige or it may stay as Buckskin. 60V on Holden and Belmont HJ was called Beige (called Chamois/Covert on Kingswood) but there is no 60V on base model HZ, only 62V and 63V. The colour samples from the colour and trim books indicate it was called Buckskin.
    Here is a scan of the Holden colours on the right and Kingswood & Sandman on the left. The two-tone effect shows up best on 67V but you can see it on the others too. This is a small preview of the stuff i'm working on for the book, and shows you why it takes so long!
    Headlining, others will tell you, i'm not 100% on when these changed. I think HZ had the new fine grain headlining material but not sure if it started at release.

HZ trims001.jpg

Cheers for that at least i can get the right one

Sandman Guru
    See how it looks yellower on the Kingswood/Sandman Buckskin? Look for that!

Gee its hard to pick the difference on that buckskin
    i have been told that the commodore came out with buckskin cant remember which model but

Sandman Guru
    It'll be 63C on Commodore. I have some WB Kingswood buckets here in that vinyl. I'll send you the original 1.5Mb file where you can see it better.

So byron my hoodling would not be herringbone yeah

I'll get corrected very quickly if I'm wrong, but, from memory, the HX had the long grain type vinyl on the crash pad and the ribbed type headlining and the HZ had the "sandpaper" type vinyl on both the crash pad and the headlining. I don't know when the change over was made between the models, whether there was a cut off date or as the stocks were replenished on the line. If it was the latter, then different colours would have different changeover dates. Going by logic!!! The change would have happened at the model change as the trim codes are slightly different between models in some cases.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Thread Information