Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford and Holden on Shaky Ground....(again)

Ford and Holden on Shaky Ground....(again)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226554833139
    It seem's both manufacturer's are now not looking too far into the future. The whole motor vehicle landscape that I have grown up with, will change forever if this happen's. I am glad I have bought my last vehicle, as there is no way I could contemplate buying an SUV.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    It was going to happen at some stage. Not much of the VE is made in Australia anymore anyway, the VZ was the last true aussie Holden. At the end of VZ all the little industries that supplied to Holden ended and most of the bits are made overseas, just the car assembled here.

Plus to be fair, GMH no longer make or sell anything I would buy. I would have bought a VE ute if they had a leaf spring rear end hence could tow, and I couldn't buy a Ford cab chassis in a V8 (I did look at that option). I drove the Captiva variants when looking for a car for my Mrs, and they are awful (and that is being fair). Colorado was a joke compared to the Hilux or Mazda products. In my opinion GMH and Ford should follow what Toyota have done with the hybrid Camry, and sell a decent commercial platform like the Hilux with both truck engines and petrol engines. Plus sell one of the US sized truck/SUV platforms here as an alternative to the Landcruiser. But sell a range, not just one like the failed Suburban effort.

Banned
    They refused to build cars people want. This is the result. The Torana should never have been axed. That's the car they needed now.

It's a rockin'
    they build a basic omega,SV6,berlina,SS,SSV,and calais as well as small and medium 4cyl and a 4WD what else do you want ? I have an SS torana and it is a nice car to look at but it is terrible to drive.

The flood of import SUVs has made a nice dent in the aussie car market. The divide between rich and poor isnt helping either.
    Last edited by Alien DNA; 16-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Certain sized and format cars should be taxed off city streets.
    Family cars should revert to Sedans and Station Sedans. SUV/4x4 and Trucks (like) should be for outer regions and not family shopping trolleys.

Easy to implement, if your post code is inner city/suburbs tax the arse off them.

Ever really looks outside a school at drop off or pick up times? Insane...

Regards, Smooth

You got to be kidding what are we going to race at bathurst with a 4 cyl cruise

Im with wbute bring back the torana

At the end of the article...

"V8 Supercar fans fear not. The racing series changed its rules from this year to allow any sedan to compete, even if it is not available in showrooms with a V8 engine, or even sold as a rear-wheel-drive car."

Banned
    Mid sized cars with good engine choices. Not big family sedans it seems is what we want. Or cars with ground clearance and good visibility. Not big low cars. That's what everyone buys. A commodore is useless to me. I have a wife and 3 kids. Never even considered buying one.

Thread Information