Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How far did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    no, they were 5.7L's
    i have a 6L now and hate it. i had a VE with 6L and hated that too. they drink petrol... and they call for special flavour premium. i'm over it

you can nurse it and it still drinks the shit. anyways, ive sold it so now someone else can hang out at the servo full time
    Ok that's handy to know I'm looking at 2 different cars for my wife ATM one is a 2011 g6e falcon and the other is a 2011 ssv Holden 80% of the milliage is hiway work its a bit over a 200km round trip to and from work for her

Sandman Driver
    Cool thread.

For me, I think its Canberra to Sydney to pick up a reco M21 so 280 ks.

But the most trying one (if this counts) was about 80ks (from 80ks north of Seymour on the Hume back to Seymor) for a radiator when I was a young tacker after the Tory boiled on a hot afternoon and pretty much all the water evaporated! (I'd only had it three weeks at that stage). Must have looked the part, the steam was blowing out the driver side of the bonnet in a long trail, temp guage at max. I put it on 110 and kept my fingers crossed! Got into seymour at 5:15 pm, found the radiator people just closing, the owner operator of the place just grinned. But, they were great of course. I was back on the highway by about 6:30 (with $120 less in me pocket for fuel and dinner!).

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    surely you were off your face when you decided to do that run
    you would think so wouldn't you....... Not really that crazy, a mate bought an XD p/van off eBay that was in Moe.... That's the crazy bit.... And asked me to go with him to pick it up.... I love a road trip so naturally said I'd help him out... I had seen a good original set of GTS guards on EBay and as they were in Frankston Melbourne I wasn't going to bid .... But now that I was going there anyway I bid on them and won, so we picked them up on the way through.... Still got em too...
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    Yep I love a road trip too from nth nsw to Melb to pick up an eng an box then through Melb to get a flip seat from a hq mate told me about a swap meet nxt day so stayed and picked up a nos front spoiler and a console so it wasn't a bad trip ,about 2500 k round trip I think

Yes.... there is nothing like getting in your ute and going on a road trip 1100 kms one way..... to pick up your next project, driven to melbourne 3 times ,once was for a mates wedding once was to pickup a hj sandman ute , and the other a hz sandman van .

Thread Information