Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Value of a Sandman or The Never Ending Story

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    Hey Dave!! Check out the 6 pointed star on the left hand side of the users tool bar! Guess it our version of a 'like' button. Add some rep to hqgts for his stellar effort!!

Cheers

Alien
    I thought that was just to call the sheriff! Nah, all good mate. Blocker needed a lump of 4x2 but he got the message in there eventually!

Congrats on the upgrade too!!!

Regards,

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Banned
    Yes have to agree that the bubble will pop. The reason it pops is because the small amount of people who want them all end up with them and then the demand is satisfied. There will not be a massive influx of people born in 1980 onwards who want to relive another generations period of growing up.
    The utes will find their value after the vans die down as the ute culture of the 80,s and 90's is relived.
    Look at vintage cars from the 1920's to the 1940's. They are of little value now compared to the early 80's.
    Time moves on just as it always has.

P Plater
    When will the bubble pop? - It has a lot to do with your age or what vehicle your father had or what you were brought up with, over the last 4 years I have sold a classic Ya Mg but it struggled to sell. This was manly due to the people’s age that had any association with early English vehicles and due to my current situation I sold my FC which also didn’t bring in top dollar due to the number of people having an association with these vehicles. Sandman ie vans and utes will also go through the same market affects. My son and his mates mainly identify with VK 308s or XE fords at the moment.

(first post) It doesnt matter,Bubble or not just get one, live the dream and the money return at the end plus the goodtimes and friendships made
    will make it a worthy experience. cheers Gary

Welcome Gaz, you've nailed it in one mate. Maybe not the money at the end of it but hey, they all mean different things to all of us so go hard and show us what yer got!

Regards,

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Yes have to agree that the bubble will pop. The reason it pops is because the small amount of people who want them all end up with them and then the demand is satisfied. There will not be a massive influx of people born in 1980 onwards who want to relive another generations period of growing up.
    The utes will find their value after the vans die down as the ute culture of the 80,s and 90's is relived.
    Look at vintage cars from the 1920's to the 1940's. They are of little value now compared to the early 80's.
    Time moves on just as it always has.
    You are so right I Am one of the last of the vanning scene of the late 70's early 80's Rodney being 4 years older. Our parents did up Buick and model T etc and we restore what we had. And to clarify this we were in the elvis street parade yesterday and all the comments which were many btw were "look at the sandman wow I remember giggle giggle" and these comments were from 57 year olds and up. There are a few young people who love vans but I doubt they will be as popular in 20 years time.

Thread Information