Thread: Refurbished HX-HZ/WB black console.

Refurbished HX-HZ/WB black console.

Hi folks, I have for sale a later type centre console to suit (all HQ-WB, however is correct for a...) HX-HZ sedan, ute, wagon, panel van etc. Originally fitted to a sedan or wagon as it has the rear ashtray (in situ) but of course you would rarely if ever see it in a ute/panno. I have repaired and refinished the console for a mate who unfortunately has had to sell his project due to life/time/work getting in the way etc. I have carried-out some plastic welding repair work around it (refer to the pics or just as a question here) and has been refinished in satin black. Included is a rear mount (if you want it), as I sourced one for my friend as his was originally a bench seat van.

IMG_1750 1.jpgIMG_1751 1.jpgIMG_1752 1.jpgIMG_1753 1.jpgIMG_1754.jpgIMG_1757.jpgIMG_1758.jpgIMG_1759.jpgIMG_1760.jpg

I wouldn't call it suitable for a concourse resto, however it is quite neat and presentable for use in a daily driver/neat weekend cruiser and quite sturdy. The repairs are to these areas:

* Four small screw holes on the top of the console near the insert.
    * A few small screw holes on the sides below the insert.
    * A crack from the ashtray hole around the right hand side around to the top of the area behind the top of the armrest.
    * Where the upper support screw of the armrest often cracks the plastic around it.
    * A small area at the rear end of the console insert where the rear support of the insert was broken away.

I'm tipping this console had been in an accident at some stage or someone had put a significant amount of stress sideways on the lid. The repairs took quite some time to effect (I was quite rusty at it) and I am not making any real coin out of it.

The vinyl armrest cover fitted to this one isn't quite "correct" for those looking for an original stitching pattern, however those are available from ebay for around $30 delivered if you want to go that far Click Here - armrest covers or I can organise to have one sent up and I'll fit it (there is a bit of an art to getting it right) for the cost of the cover. The console has a brand new Rares HX-WB insert fitted - worth over $160 by itself. I'm looking for $250 for the complete console (including the insert and rear mount) as it is for the mysandman members here, will be higher if/when listed on ebay. Due to its fragility I cannot imagine that it would be easy to frieght or courier, so would prefer pick-up/drop-off instead. Can help-out/store for a while until you either call past or a friend of yours is heading past or can deliver/meet you for the cost of fuel (say $25) within say 200km.

$250 by paypal, direct deposit or cash on pick-up.

Regards,

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

If only this was done in buckskin. and a little closer. Id snap it up in a heat beat!

Cheers Jase, sorry. You've looked after me in the past, I'd love to undo what is done here but I don't think it would work.

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

too cheap!
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    too cheap!
    Dont know about that its had a lot of repairs you can buy new ones vombil

new ones are around $450?

not sure if the repo ones have the correct series of grains to choose from to suit your trim codes.

Goodluck with sale dave.
    Last edited by adam perth; 12-12-2012 at 04:33 AM.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

id rather used original than rares gear. almost all of their stuff looks cheap and tinny
    BQZ

Thread Information