Thread: HZ DX5 Stripes!

HZ DX5 Stripes!

We are about to do a print run for the HZ DX5 stripes. Which is light blue, mid blue, dark blue. Nice bright colour combo.

There will be very limited ones printed. Who is interested?

If you are looking at needing them within the next 2 years. I do suggest to get them NOW. I can not garentee that we will be doing another run of this combo after this run, any time soon thats for sure!

You can get me on 0427110502 if its easier =)

Sandman Guru
    Jason

Those are later HZ DX5. Release until at least July 1978 are Bright Blue/Blue Green/Dark Blue.

The Dark blue/mid blue/light blue as quoted in the 1980 parts catalogue must have been introduced after July 1978, my guess is around 11/78 when the A632 colour chart was released. I do remember either yourself or Fletch telling me the DX5's reversed at some stage and this is probably when it happened. I don't know if the change would have happened earlier or later than the paint line changes. If you really want to narrow it down I can have a look and see when the new colours start to appear on vehicles. HZ ordering procedure appears to add all the new colour & trim combos in 10/78.

Correct Byron. It has always been an unknown one. Basically I dont know if anyone else has proof. That the colours changed at all..... Yes what they where called did change. But where the colours any different? Or did what people see the colours as just change so be called something less confusing. Its a very odd one.

Basically I have never seen any of the "blue green" ones. So that makes me wonder did they ever exist. Also lets say yes they do exist. Now we have the issue of what colour is "blue green"

1979 sandmans did not use the DY4 on some colours and instead used DX5. But there was some that did have the DY4.

I think honestly this is going to be an impossible one to proove. Unless GMH would co-operate. haha... Dreaming....

This is what has made me just go with the colours Dark blue/mid blue/light blue as this is what 99% of people reconise DX5 HZ as.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Sandman Guru
    Tough isn't it? And this is only one small part! What about the reversal of the colours though? Have you found it on any NOS stripes?

Yes. exactly...... This one is going to be very very hard to proove. I never spoke about this one with fletch too much. But its one that there just is not enough info about haha...

Reversal of HX DX5 and HZ DY6 I assume you mean?

I have NOS HZ DY6 here...... and yes its reversed...

Sandman Guru
    No I meant how DX5 is shown with reversed colours in the later HZ parts catalogue, ie as Dark Blue / Mid Blue / Light Blue. This is the reverse of how HX shows it, and how the earlier HZ stuff does too, plus the part number superceded.

I have a few samples here too, will have a look and see if I have one of these.

HZ DX5.jpg
    Yes please i will take one set
    Only if these are correct combo for HZ in Caribbean turquoise ..
    I think i ordered these from you about 3 years ago so dont double up my order
    cheers Carl
    Last edited by vanman; 03-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    HJ XX7- L31-M21 sandman windowless
    HZ XX7- L31-M41 sandman ute
    1955 Chevy Belair
    1972 Hq Statesman original Wedgwood with black vinyl roof
    1956/9 Custom Pro street Pickup .. Blown 407 suicide doors tilt front ..
    1956 210 sedan
    1982 Wb windowless Panelvan ..
    1970 Ht Kingswood original 186

hmm. I think it has to be a typo byron. To have dark blue as the outer colour would be near impossible. Its too dark. You cant print mid blue and light blue ontop of the dark blue. Even with lead based inks it would have been near impossible.

Carl. haha! No prob mate. yeh FINALLY we are getting to print this combo! Send me an email so I dont forget. jason[MENTION=32]stickthis[/MENTION]decals.com.au

Thread Information