Thread: EK Holden Crash with GT Ford!

EK Holden Crash with GT Ford!

I hope this is OK to post here as its not van related. Thought that a few guys on here might find this interesting. 2 classics hitting each other in 2012.
    Lots of car runs on at the moment in SE QLD - Just finished the HQ run with the HQ Sandman a few weeks ago. Can share pics if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP5cqzBkaAU

Fast forward to 1 min to see the carnage. My take on this is definitely the GT diver is in the wrong - but could this be a symptom of us being 'spoilt' with todays cars
    effortless simplistic driving machines (Abs, Electronic steering control) then jumping into what are essentially dinosaurs that really require a complete different mindset to drive.

Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ouch! Looks like blue Audi was slowing cause he's seen the Mazda 6 turning ahead. Red Valiant(?) has locked them up in a cloud of smoke to avoid hitting the Audi and then the gt has put it sideways trying to not hit the Val. Totally agree, piss poor driving by the GT. Evasive manoeuvres should be performed away from oncoming traffic. He was lucky it was a glancing blow and not a head on.

there are some of the picks of the Ek after it was hit on this site link below, not pretty, but could of been a lot worse, apparently he swerved that way as their was a telegraph pole on the other side of the road.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4517605
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

Cruiser
    Bloody ford drivers.... When on a cruise in an old car you can't sit up the arse of the car in front.... The brakes on an older car are not like your modern daily driver...... I always sit at least 3 cars back...

love your orchid metallic HQ van BTW>>>...

The fords front RH brake locked up and the front Left didn't work too well.... this happens when cars sit around.....

agree bad driving from ford driver. but Fords never stopped to well in the first place.
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by adam perth View Post

The fords front RH brake locked up and the front Left didn't work too well.... this happens when cars sit around.....

agree bad driving from ford driver. but Fords never stopped to well in the first place.
    Saw this on facebook a few days ago.

The EK occupants were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time while that was going on. Like many things in life: There for the grace of god, we go... Metal is fixable, bodies are a little more delicate to mend. Looking at the vid a couple of times I guess it could have ended a lot worse, especially when you look at the angles the Holden went through after it left the road.

That ford forum seems to contain its fair share of armchair experts very quick not to accept any notion of any form of safety in a vehicle of any age and all coming up with their own pet theories from leaking wheel cylinders to rust explosions and the weight of Asian made small cars.... I wonder what would have happened in the same type of glancing blow between two newer vehicles - (possibly) both completely stopping dead, crumpling in on each other while doing the nose down intertwined circling dance around each other while all the safety gear deploying in symphony around them as they rotated on the spot - rather than just glancing off each other and one heading bush looking for a tree or something else to hit or embed itself in.

Sometimes s#!t just happens...

Regards,

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

you Ok? yeah im Ok. you Ok? yeah Im OK are you? you Ok? yeah im Ok. you Ok? yeah Im OK are you? you Ok? yeah im Ok. you Ok? yeah Im OK are you?

i like how once everyone was OK he got angry about his car. Must be an age thing. I would've been cursing the other driver and my smashed car!

nonetheless a very sad day when two old cars are smashed up. At least everyone was OK

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by adam perth View Post

i picked up an HZ ute that had been sitting for 2 years. was doing a short drive to the workshop and it felt quite sluggish and as though it was labouring. BOTH front calipers were seized. bloody POS! up for a set of rotors now too
    BQZ

Mybe the Ford driver better go get some driving lessons, by the way three car lengths is not enough space between cars even in moden cars the rule is three seconds, but you know that already. Fords could never handle thats why they brought out the gtho

P Plater
    All the 70's classics were usually death traps waiting to spring......even my own van with its new brakes and hydraulics still went for a rear wheel lock-up side skate in an emergency brake incident at low speed.....I cut my teeth as a mechanic on cars that vintage and no matter what you did to adjust the brakes, a rear wheel lock up would always seem to occur somewhere. I remember seeing XA-XC fords putting on the best show, they would hit everything else but the thing they were avoiding. Holdens and Valiants to a lesser degree.

Thread Information