Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colour Codes

Colour Codes

My van is at the panel beaters and is nearing the stage of needing paint. I am going to have the van painted Palasis white. I was hoping that some one could help me with a paint code for this colour on a HZ. I am also after paint code for the black colour used for the Sandman black outs. Thanks in advance.

I assume you mean palais white ,code is 30521 not sure on black tho should be pretty easy to find on this site
    Somewhere

Cheers
    Ben

Found it 15991 tuxedo black
    Last edited by benvanman; 07-11-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Add stuff

Sandman Guru
    Tuxedo but not 568, it should be a low sheen black. I'll see what I can find.

Sandman Guru
    I can't find the HX/HX black paint spec, but HQ Sandman uses Black 578-4149 for the stripes. This is a medium gloss black also used on HQ, HJ and LH interior like steering column etc (the 578 tells you medium gloss). I have a sheet that shows this also being used for LH interior bits but also shows LX using 578-11488 for the same bits, BUT it calls it LOW gloss, not medium gloss for LX..Go figure. I have it in the text for my book that HX and HZ use Tuxedo black but i'm not sure where I got that from or if it is correct. HZ features manual says: "Rocker panel, side glass frames, frame openings, rear quarter panels, windscreen frame, door handles and tail gate window surround feature low gloss black paintouts". At this stage my guess is 578-11488, until I find more data.

http://www.hzgts.net/70053/HZ-Codes-Id

^ is the site I was looking at I thought it should be the same

Dunno if that will work as a link I am computer illiterate

Ben

Sandman Guru
    HZ GTS will most likely be the same as Sandman for blackouts. HZ features manual also lists low gloss black for HZ GTS blackouts. It may well be Tuxedo in low gloss, but that is inconsistent with HQ - doesn't mean it isn't right though!

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I can't find the HX/HX black paint spec, but HQ Sandman uses Black 578-4149 for the stripes. This is a medium gloss black also used on HQ, HJ and LH interior like steering column etc (the 578 tells you medium gloss). I have a sheet that shows this also being used for LH interior bits but also shows LX using 578-11488 for the same bits, BUT it calls it LOW gloss, not medium gloss for LX..Go figure. I have it in the text for my book that HX and HZ use Tuxedo black but i'm not sure where I got that from or if it is correct. HZ features manual says: "Rocker panel, side glass frames, frame openings, rear quarter panels, windscreen frame, door handles and tail gate window surround feature low gloss black paintouts". At this stage my guess is 578-11488, until I find more data.
    I thought I got the following list for a HQ Semi-gloss interior when it had a 30B int.

Dash panel & glovebox
    Steering Column
    Hand Brake Cover
    Hand Brake Lever
    (HQ GTS/4 - Black around door frames and window seperator)
    Steering Wheel Spokes
    Indicator stalk
    Lower dash Panel - right side.

Suede finish was used on the Dash top (speaker bit) and window trims. I guess to stop glare.

So I if a HQ GTS/4 used it around the door frames and piller it would be on the lower blackouts and bonnet blackouts. Was that the same colour used when an LH SL/R had the upper guard stripes painted and the rear of the spoiler and boot? I remember the entire bonnet blacked out on lots of LH's but I thought that was just done after manufacture when they added a bonnet scoop etc. The Torana boys would know if it changed on introduction of the LX.

Mauser

ps. some of these are semi-gloss brown for my 39B int.
    Last edited by mauser; 08-11-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    I have the following for medium-gloss black 578-04149 on a 1973 HQ with 30 trim:

Instrument panel lower;
    Gearshift support and arm (column shift);
    Turn signal cover and arm;
    Steering column;
    Glove box door;
    Seat separator;
    Console;
    Hand brake lever;
    Front seat ash tray;
    Front and rear armrests
    Door division channel;
    Doors front and rear upper.

Suede black 563-06912 used on:
    Instrument panel upper;
    Front body pillar upper.

looks better in gloss though

Sandman Guru
    It will go gloss once you buff it, but cannot pass for concours or factory authentic if that is what you want to achieve.

Thread Information