Thread: WB components on a HJ Chassis

WB components on a HJ Chassis

Was wondering if WB or HZ RTS front end components will fit on a HJ shell. Does the RTS bits have different fixing points that are not or a different position on a HJ chassis?

I mean a full swap, tie rods, steering parts, wishbones etc?

thanks

I think that the only parts that are different are the drag links. The suspension companies advertise RTS and non RTS fron springs but I'm pretty sure they are interchangeable.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    It'll all bolt on bar the rear swaybar, but you won't have RTS, it'll still be the same as what was on the HJ. One part of RTS is the upper control arm mount is in a different spot - compare the two and look at where the top of the shocks are.

Banned
    Rear sway bar was deleted on wb

Sandman Guru
    Only from commercials. Statesman still had one. And it is wierd that the 3.08:1 examples were mounted the same as HZ, but the 2.60:1 had an extra shaft support strap that goes around the diff housing on each side rather than using bolts to hold the bar clamps to the diff.

So that means all the power steer bits are the same from HQ to WB as well? or was there different ratio PS boxes?

Sandman Guru
    The boxes improved along the way. WB spec are the best, they have superior bearings and other improvements. The best thing to do is take the box to Bebco in Sydney and Dr Terry will rebuild it to WB specs.

Ahh im in Melbourne, guess I will have to hunt someone out for PS mods.

So what I have learnt is that HQ - WB front end componants are all interchangable so not to worry getting pieces from many places.

thanks

G'day Grunt.
    Mate i fitted a set of HJ control arms top and bottom in my HZ. They had brand new components in them so i figured use em!
    they fitted straight in and all the rest of the HZ components fitted straight up.
    watch the spring when you drop the bottom balljoint keep fingers well clear.
    Cheers

Thread Information