Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Forum changes

Some Forum changes

Don't panic!

We've been busy behind the scenes the past few days and today a lot has been accomplished on the forums in terms of preparing for a new update to the software and your forum experience.

1. Some categories and forums have been moved and some added.

2. The Spam section has moved to the bottom of the forums, so you know have to scroll past all the good stuff.

3. The Shoutbox messages have been cleared up, we will be seeing less forum post activity and hopefully more chatting. Sadly in the past two months there have only been 40 lines of chat, that tells me most people are not using the shoutbox and see no need for it. Does it need to go?

4. We removed the infobox that told you how many posts, threads, minutes had passed since your last visit. That detail is pretty much available at the bottom of the forums now, for those that like numbers.

5. Removed the Advertising on the side of the forums.

6. The Sales forums have been locked and will be open soon. We are going to implement a new method of posting in this section to keep it free from spammy sales links.

7. Biggest news is till last... and you will have to stand by for it! We're working hard to give you something new and very useful to the community here. I can't say much more so stay tuned.
    Last edited by Blocker; 25-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.

It's a rockin'
    leave the shoutbox as it is

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    leave the shoutbox as it is
    Some of us use it to find the latest posts of the day!

please leave the shout box good for quik info

Can we not quote a post anymore or am I missing something? (iDevice user)

--- Updated ---

Never mind on that. Just realised that it seemed to be a locked thread I was having issues with ( the 3 rusty wrecks in Pakenham with no price , no true contact details and not even in the indecisive sellers possession yet )

Leave the shout box pls !!

Sandman Driver
    We Need the Colour Chart matching up with compliance plate numbers Please..

i must admit i use the shout out box as a quick reference point for post updates but i think its there for chatting. as mentioned maybe a 'chat room'. sounds a touch creepy
    BQZ

I used the shoutbox regularly in the past, note I am the second or third top shouter. I think since I have been busy and have not had a lap top upstairs I have stopped using it as much. I did like our conversations, so will endeavour to start up a line of chat using Roddo's ipad...I will be getting a new laptop shortly.

Really miss the Id page, and colour charts with stripes etc. thankfully Rodney did photocopy it and made a booklet out of it for identifying various model sandmans. but it is getting very dog eared.

Thanks for all your hard work Blocker....you are a legend without you we would not have made so many great friends in the sandman and van community.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Thanks for the resounding yes vote. If you use it for chatting or other reasons that's all we needed to hear.

If you experience any posting problems on the forums please let me know as soon as you can so I can fix it up for you.

Thread Information