Thread: Sandman Advertising, reviews and publications

Sandman Advertising, reviews and publications

While scouting the web for Sandman pics I came across some advertising so here comes another Sandman pic thread.....

--- Updated ---

Last edited by QUP; 24-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.

These are great photo's, and reading the review's of the time are classic. Some of the thing's complained about...The heater was fiddly and confusing?...The handbrake was hard to use?...The retractable seat belt's also hard?.. I had no problem at all when I had mine. Love the photo of the HZ in the Esso garage with the petrol price at 15.41 cents a litre, I miss those day's.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Love the photo of the HZ in the Esso garage with the petrol price at 15.41 cents a litre, I miss those day's.
    Problem was the average male weekly wage was $223.10 in March 1979.
    Making one tank of fuel $10.78 (70 litres) meaning you got just over 20 tanks of fuel out of a single pay packet.
    Hmm, that was good! Today you get only around 14 tanks for the average 2012 weekly wage!

Regards, Smooth

Sandman Guru
    I have originals of all of these that are original GMH literature for the book, except K181 (2nd one down). I'll get some stamps too before they are gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Problem was the average male weekly wage was $223.10 in March 1979.
    Making one tank of fuel $10.78 (70 litres) meaning you got just over 20 tanks of fuel out of a single pay packet.
    Hmm, that was good! Today you get only around 14 tanks for the average 2012 weekly wage!

Regards, Smooth
    Yeah true, but also in 1979 my father bought a brand new Chamberlain tractor with his wool cheque from 1300 crossbred ewes. In 2012 that same number of sheep will buy you the same tractor but its now 33 years old. So some things have improved, but some have got way worse.

I have the Mambo Sandman brochure.....i'd post it up but when its unfolded, its printed on A2 size paper.....bloody huge!!! Might take me a bit of fiddling but should be able to scan each A4 section then photoshop the lot into one image. The HBD canopy is an easy one being A4....... might take me a while cos i cant find where the petrol cap is on the computer

--- Updated ---

Thread Information