Thread: My Pride & Joy Replica HZ Sandman Ute

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learner Driver

Smile My Pride & Joy Replica HZ Sandman Ute

Well I'm new to this site and thought I might as well join in and share my passion and ride with other enthusiasts

Unfortunately for me my Sandman is only a replica but I love it all the same!

I've owned my ute since March this year after having my eye on it for quite a while I decided I had to have it.

It has been a Tassie car for the past 3yrs that i know of and was brought into Tassie from Geelong Victoria!
    I did hear at some point in it's life it was used as pro street drag car..

It is actually a WB 1982 ute converted into a HZ, thankfully as I'm not a huge fan of the WB front end.

I brought it with a standard 308 that wasn't overly healthy and seemed to keep more oil on my garage floor then in the engine
    So I decided to gutted it all and I brought a HIGHLY worked naturally aspirated 308 off a friend of mine at a price I couldn't refuse!

I have resprayed the entire engine bay gloss black, it looked terrible previously but now looks fantastic! I have also had the entire car rewired (the wiring was an abortion).

The car runs Intro Wheels 15 x 8 fronts and wait for it.... 15 x 12 rear with 305 tyres!! The ute has been mini tubbed to fit these bad boys of course.. And they have done a mint job
    of the tubbing of it. It is only running a shortener standard open wheeler 10 bolt Salisbury diff which is soon to be a bullet proof shortened 9" to allow for the 500+ hp engine.

I also pulled the TH400 gear box out and had that rebuilt and a stage 3 shift kit installed.

The ute I believe is GMH Cameo Yellow (Factory color on the ID plates) but it has been resprayed at some stage.

The interior consists of a 3 seater leather bench seat, new black low pile carpet, GTS steering wheel and for some reason a WB statesman dash which I will replace with a GTS at some point.

I hope that's a good starter post

Cheers
    Tenille
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information