Well, I having no car to work on is driving me nuts.... lol

So I decided to pull the original bumper (that had been on the car while the fire happened) out of the shed... and clean it and get it ready to sell at a swap meet.

I spent 3 and a half hours with metal polish, and constantly rubbing to remove all the crap that had got stuck on the chrome etc.

Well, another surprise to me... never read a book by it's cover... lol
The bar looked average with all the stuff on it... but with all the stuff off it is in good condition, there is one dint (that I partially removed, it is also 3/4 covered by the plastic number plate holder) and a few spots of pitting (only small spots)... and I thought I sent the best bumper with my car to coffs... But I think this one is better.

There are some marks from stones... but you cant see them unless you are 5cm from the bar...

Any idea how to get rid of this???

There is a little bit more that needs to be done in this photo

I also removed the brackets. The back had been affected by the fire badly... The chrome was toast... so I'm going to hit it up with a wire brush, rust convert it and then give it a coat of black paint... I'll do the same for the brackets.
After all, who really looks at the back of the bumper bar???

The surface rust is from where the moisture got under the chrome... I'll get most of it off before I rust convert it.

I should have some more pics tomorrow...