Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am so confused HJ Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Basically, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then you call it duck. If some random stranger tries to give you an uninformed opinion that it's not a duck, then tell him to duck off.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
    xx7 is a brisbane thing your plate is a bit hard to read but it looks like it was built in adelaide so it wont have xx7 stamped on it, HJ sandman bodies were unique so it should have a full roof lining (no other HJ vans had this ) if the rooflining is missing then it should have the attachments for one hope that helps
    Correct me if Im wrong but not only sandmans had a full length headlining in HJ.... Ambulance pack came with full headlining as well

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Think that might be a "her" Rodney.

Cheeza, the Hj can be a tricky one. It might not be possible to confirm that it Is a Sandman, but then again it's also hard to prove it Isn't. A letter from Holden means squat. Every one of those things I've ever seen has some kind of mistake on it and you get more different opinions from Holden as you will if you posted on Fastlane.

At the end of the day, you've got a nice modified van that was a pretty good price considering what was done to it. You've got the lower load rating of 1950 and 2 seats, which are a good sign. Those 2 things could make it an XU4 but there seems to be a lot less XU4 around than there are XX7. People are naturally going to be a bit apprehensive about saying that it definitely is. Recent court cases have shown that there could be liability issues there.
    Basically, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then you call it duck. If some random stranger tries to give you an uninformed opinion that it's not a duck, then tell him to duck off. Enjoy it while you have it, and if there ever comes a time you have to sell just state that you believe it to be a Sandman and let potential purchasers do their own research and make their own decision.

I second that!!
    Also don't get so caught up (as we all do?!?!) on it being a Sandman, or not, just enjoy owning a bit of Australian history that is only becoming rarer and get in & drive it with pride!!
    79 HZ XX7 308 Windowless Van . Driving with a big grin. A few little finishing touches required

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but not only sandmans had a full length headlining in HJ.... Ambulance pack came with full headlining as well
    In HJ BB7 only came with B30 comfort pack (BB7 + carpet), and you were only supposed to be able to get this as part of Sandman. Like other stuff I have no doubt some non Sandman vans got B30 but they will be very rare, one of the reasons i wont say 'Sandman' for sure on headlining alone

Cruiser
    Remember the photos of the HJ that i sent you a few years ago.... Brisbane built metallic paint full length headlining l31 m21 but no centre console brackets, and NO xx7 on the tags....

Thread Information