Thread: HJ Front Indicator Bezels

HJ Front Indicator Bezels

I have two types of front indicators bezels, one without the chrome bars separating the park lights & indicators and another pair with the chrome bars.

Which one is suitable for a HJ Van?

I am assuming it would be without the bars, because the HJ Sandman van was based on commercial, while the bars seem to be something more suited to the Kingswood and up range.

Sandman Guru
    I think all HJ (other than normal tonners) have the chrome strips on them. I've never nutted it out perfectly but early and late HJ brochures seem to indicate both HJ Holden and Belmont have the strips.

Put up some photos, Blocker. All tonners other than B06 were HQ fronts in HJ-Z wernt they?

They HJ is an interesting series as they changed a lot during the run. The engine bays especially and then the commercials with the seatbelts etc.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

G'day Blocker;

the ones without chrome would be for HZ; all the HZs - even the Statesman - missed out on 'em :(

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    I think all HJ (other than normal tonners) have the chrome strips on them. I've never nutted it out perfectly but early and late HJ brochures seem to indicate both HJ Holden and Belmont have the strips.
    Ok thanks for that.

Just to confirm I went through the HJ parts catalogues and the part 9936753 & 754 referenced in 2.585 is the same Lamp Assembly for the following;
    Belmont, Kingswood, Premier, LS, Statesman, GTS, Utility, Panel van & Ambulance.

I have 9936757 & 758 I would like to know where these belong.
    Last edited by Blocker; 24-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Sandman Guru
    HZ catalogue list the same part number ie 9936753 & 4 for all HZ. For some reason they all supercede to 92001405 & 6 except for Ambulance?

HX are all the same too and same number, and so are HJ.

Those part numbers you put up Blocker are non existant in any catalogues, so I'd say they are drawing numbers for the unassembled plastic base and not a part number for the whole assembly.

My guess is the revised 92 part numbers are the ones without the chrome, and these were probably aftermarket parts provided back to GMH minus the chrome bits.

EDIT: Looking at later HZ they appear to be missing the chrome bars as Nocturne says, but it looks like the early ones had them and Ambulance kept them too. So probably a cost cutting exercise at some stage in HZ when they changed part numbers.
    Last edited by HK1837; 24-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.

You could just do what I did Blocker, decide its all too hard, shrug your shoulders rip off the factory front jam on an expensive WB Caprice front, sober up and think s&$t what have I done!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAEME View Post
    You could just do what I did Blocker, decide its all too hard, shrug your shoulders rip off the factory front jam on an expensive WB Caprice front, sober up and think s&$t what have I done!!
    Never give up and never surrender!

That's my Galaxy Quest quote for this project.

Thanks for the input from everyone, I reckon we have sorted this out so others can learn from it

Mr. Rare Spares
    We use to supply GMH with 9936753 & 4 with the chrome , we also quoted on 92001405 & 6 but GMH superseded them to 9936753 & 4. I do not know the reason GMH originally dropped the chrome from 9936753 & 4. them but I believe it was a decision they made and not forced on them by a supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    We use to supply GMH with 9936753 & 4 with the chrome , we also quoted on 92001405 & 6 but GMH superseded them to 9936753 & 4. I do not know the reason GMH originally dropped the chrome from 9936753 & 4. them but I believe it was a decision they made and not forced on them by a supplier.
    Thanks Les! It always nice to have you drop in and share your knowledge on these things.

Thread Information