Thread: Overspray

P Plater

Overspray

Gday all anyone got any good ideas on how to clean overspray on pv upper tailgate window seals ? Seal and window is back in car and was hoping there may be an easier way than scraching it all off ?

use a saftey blade (has the fat back so you can hold it and not cut your fingers) if it doesn't come off with thinners. If its 2K paint then you will need to just endure the scratching with the blade. nothing moves 2k. put some masking tape around the seal so if you slip you don't mark the good paint
    BQZ

On the subject of overspray, I have a slight dusting of 2 pc overspray on my 2 pac finish. Is the best way to get this off with a clay bar product? What about off windows?

Wax and grease remover will remove a lot of overspray. Needs a bit of rubbing but doesn't damage any to the paint, rubbers or trim. I've done half a Lexus once that some nupty parked right next to his carport while he was spraying the carport roof.

you could try clay bar but i think that is more like road grime and general sh$t. buff may heat it up and drag it off too? 2k is very very sticky!
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Luke like Vombil said a safety blade does the job, i find the trick is to hold the blade 90 deg to the rubber and run it lightly over the overspray so you don't rip or damage it and then run a bit of rubber dressing on to bring it up like new.

Cheesygrinner overspray on paint will come off with wax and grease remover if light however if that doesn't work you may need to run a buff over it you will find it comes off quite easily but in some (extreme) cases may need a slight rub with 2000 grit before hand. Overspray on un-tinted windows come's off with a bit of steelwool (soft grade) or a safety blade can be also used just run it almost parallel over the glass.

Thread Information