Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HZ Sandman

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by QUP View Post
    Lucky dog
    Bahahaha if only i knew back then doggone it

Sandman Guru
    It turns out to be a consecutive car PSN wise to another on the database. That is starting to happen a bit lately as the volume of cars recorded grows.

I dont think there is any doubt that it is a sandman going on the information supplied as I said first up M base model 70 a panel van and 18v slate black trim only available on sandman in the base model and all the other tags confirm being 2 seater and 1950 kg's gvm has to be v8 motor in a hz

Fancy that what a dogs life living in a sandman we got a laugh out of your comment QUP lucky dog
    Last edited by RodneyHZ253; 16-08-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

My dog's live in regular dog kennel's. Hard to imagine a dog living in a genuine matching number's "Sandman" dog kennel. Hope it has stripe's...lol.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Sandman Guru
    It is a Sandman with Slate Black trim, no doubt. My Doberman used to use a HJ GTS sedan as a kennel. I had it in the back yard minus the passenger side door with a small tarp keeping water out and found him sleeping on the backseat one day when we got home. He'd jump onto the passenger's seat, then hop into the back. Car was used as a donor for front panels, fronnt suspension, LH door etc on a tonner.

Learner Driver
    Thanks for all the info everyone, so if its a genuine sandman, i better work out what i am going to do next. I also have a HQ sandman ute was lime green in colour, gts guards twin headlight front, but i am a bit suss about the colomn shift socket being there will get numbers and check on here.

dont be suss on the column mate. blank steering columns are very hard to get second hand. yours probs shat itself and was replaced with the next most readily available
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by classiccars View Post
    Thanks for all the info everyone, so if its a genuine sandman, i better work out what i am going to do next. I also have a HQ sandman ute was lime green in colour, gts guards twin headlight front, but i am a bit suss about the colomn shift socket being there will get numbers and check on here.
    Does it have the seat seperator mount welded to the floor between the front seats? (used for the rear console mount) You can also check the under-dash harness is a GTS one with the appropreate Tacho wire incorporated. A HQ Barbados green Kingswood ute was the poster child... :-)

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Does it have the seat seperator mount welded to the floor between the front seats? (used for the rear console mount) You can also check the under-dash harness is a GTS one with the appropreate Tacho wire incorporated. A HQ Barbados green Kingswood ute was the poster child... :-)

Mauser
    Can't get inside it at present.

--- Updated ---

Here is the ute numbers. HQ Coupe Utility 7-74 EHQ 26774M 4850lbs Seating Capacity 3.
    Thats a start ( i think its a faker ).

Cheers.

Build date works for a sandman but With 3 seating to start with this rules it out as a sandman so good result with the hz

but no sandman with the HQ
    Last edited by RodneyHZ253; 16-08-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Thread Information