Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cessnock swap

Sandman Guru

Cessnock swap

Just got back, what a joke of a swapmeet. I can't believe how much rubbish is at meets today. More glassware, r00ted tools and other such junk than car parts! All I found worth buying was a really nice HZ Sandman/GTS grille, metal HOLDEN ute/van tailgate badge, new BBC solid lifter camshaft, a GMH TechII scan tool and a big pile of VK-L and VN/Q/G/P service manuals and parts catalogues.

Banned
    They need a skip bin at most swap meets these days it seems.

Heading home from it now. Got some underlay from better auto rubbers and a twin AU thermofan set up.

Agree about the quality of stuff out and about. Can only put it down to the wind and rain on the coast this morning.

Noticed lots of empty sites there, I think it is on again tomorrow (Sunday) as well?
    Last edited by Taily; 11-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    Did you pick up an 808 ECU? There was a bloke with about 10 x refurbished ones for $15 each.

Cruiser
    Good to see you there Byron.... Yeah it was a bit of a flop..... Picked up a hk steering wheel no cracks and will clean up well, front seat trim for a HG Monaro in orange houndstooth including the back covers in great condition.... The rest was just small bits and pieces...

Overall a bit of a flop.... I remember even 5 years ago you had to take some manuals with you so you could reference the nos parts to confirm some of the not so common bits and pieces... Today I don't think I saw a nos Holden part.... Natta

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Did you pick up an 808 ECU? There was a bloke with about 10 x refurbished ones for $15 each.
    Saw that seller but was a little wary of them. I suppose for 15 bucks you take your chance and either chuck them or fix them and you're still well ahead. I've still got the other two 808's (one I know is a good one that will be used to kick it all off) and the other that will be tested and probably end-up as a spare if it works, plus the VS one. Have been in contact with Kalmaker and have sent the wiring harness to them and will also get the speed sensor and programming (still working that bit out with them) from them. The heads I'll probably get looked at and spruced-up in the next month or two time permitting.

Sorry, didn't even realise you were there as I was pretty well head down looking at/for stuff and not the people around me.

Dave

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    Good to see you there Byron.... Yeah it was a bit of a flop..... Picked up a hk steering wheel no cracks and will clean up well, front seat trim for a HG Monaro in orange houndstooth including the back covers in great condition.... The rest was just small bits and pieces...

Overall a bit of a flop.... I remember even 5 years ago you had to take some manuals with you so you could reference the nos parts to confirm some of the not so common bits and pieces... Today I don't think I saw a nos Holden part.... Natta
    I reckon there was more at the AHD and the last Morrisett swapmeets. Hopefully those who go tomorrow will do better! Sounds like you got a few good bits, nice work.

Dave
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    Saw that seller but was a little wary of them. I suppose for 15 bucks you take your chance and either chuck them or fix them and you're still well ahead. I've still got the other two 808's (one I know is a good one that will be used to kick it all off) and the other that will be tested and probably end-up as a spare if it works, plus the VS one. Have been in contact with Kalmaker and have sent the wiring harness to them and will also get the speed sensor and programming (still working that bit out with them) from them. The heads I'll probably get looked at and spruced-up in the next month or two time permitting.

Sorry, didn't even realise you were there as I was pretty well head down looking at/for stuff and not the people around me.

Dave
    The bloke that had them seemed OK, he was way over at the back, near to the vehicle entrance, almost the last one on the left . I almost bought a pair of 291 Fuellies off him, they were 2.02" valves too so probably Z28. They were $200 but I didn't want to take the risk, I offered $150 but no go.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post

Yes, good to see you and Nick Al. There was some good stuff around but way too dear, like $280 for a left hand HQ-HX coupe or LX hatch seat mechanism. Or $185 for a NOS WB Stato headlight lens. Those are Ebay prices.

"ebay prices" is what a mate and I were talking about on the way out of there and how it has put pressure on swap meet prices, or at least some sellers price expectations. Three winners out of that: paypal, ebay and ozpost. Speaking of ebay that Holdenmania seller was there again but he only had the remnants of what he had at the AHD.

Saw the fuellie heads but not having anything chev powered in the stable wasn't my thing.

Mate picked up some bits for his HK Sedan and his EJ and spoke with that bloke from Gloucester about getting a new beaver made up for his EJ sedan.
    Nunc est bibendum...

It's a rockin'
    you should try mooks wreckers, good parts,good company and very helpfull even the dog likes to help

Sandman Driver
    Mook is on the ball....

Thread Information