Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weld in GTS flutes for WB

yeh the gts fascias to suit hz wb they sell have always been very fair...when they were $120 you would buy them regardless of the fault but at $220 if your a bit on the fussy side you wouldnt buy one.

Leadfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by V6HQUTE View Post
    i would go near anything tiawanese panels with a ten foot pole, ive got(not becasue i want them, they came on/with cars) a hz guard and a few tailgates and there rubbish, thin as, really light and dint so easily, id change the front to hz and put proper gts guards before id buy tiawanese guards for it, if your only doing the ute up to sell it, itll fill the gap, ive made sure not one bit of steel on my ute is tiawenese, even rekinned my tailgate with proper steel
    I also try to stay away from there stuff, but sometimes its all you want get an old wotk sh!tter going etc. But for the ute i want it done right.
    I can get a pair of weld in from rares for $100. Or pressed for $180 a side from Retro rods, thats going by there website have not rang yet.

I have some good guards to start with just worried about how well they will come up?
    People had to use much filler around them afterwards?
    Last edited by Dylan; 02-08-2012 at 09:36 PM.

P Plater
    Hey Dylan. I got my WB guards back from Air Spares in Coonabarrabran on on Friday afternoon and i am stoked with the job. They were pressed in and yesterday afternoon i sat one guard in place on my van and with the Stato front it looks sh1t hot. They did a great job and there's no way you could tell the difference from genuine....other than it being a WB guard of course.

If you are keen, pm me and i will shoot you through some photos and their details. I'd love to put photos on here but i have a very old phone, a very new laptop and NFI.......

Cheers man, Rockape

Quote Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
    Hey Dylan. I got my WB guards back from Air Spares in Coonabarrabran on on Friday afternoon and i am stoked with the job. They were pressed in and yesterday afternoon i sat one guard in place on my van and with the Stato front it looks sh1t hot. They did a great job and there's no way you could tell the difference from genuine....other than it being a WB guard of course.

If you are keen, pm me and i will shoot you through some photos and their details. I'd love to put photos on here but i have a very old phone, a very new laptop and NFI.......

Cheers man, Rockape
    when i got mine done there they hadnt even been deburred or filed the cornors of the cut outs, its not a big deal but for the price of it i expected it to be done, dont know if it was a firday arvo job or what, nearly make me reconsider weather id get them done again or just weld them in, i wouldnt let any sheet metal stuff leave our workshop with atleast touching it up quickly, my new panel beater was telling me the other day the press pushes the back edge of the flute in, that the 2 flat bits inbetween each flute is meant to be level with the rest of the guard luckly ive only highfilled one guard, next car round i might even make some stamps and a jig and press a few sets while im going

Thread Information