Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bikes for sale to make some room

bikes for sale to make some room

Don't know if anyone is keen. I've got a 1998 XR 600 Honda. Only done 241 km's. My only regret is that week end 14 years ago when i decided to take it for a ride. One of a kind.

How much??

Not sure yet. I'm looking for offers. This is a one of a kind bike.

--- Updated ---

Plus I'd hate to see it used as an everyday ride. A bit fussy who I'd sell it to. If you know what I mean. The value is in only having 241k's on the speedo.

Sandman Guru
    A mate of mine bought a RM250Z new and used it once, it was in the 80's. He only sold it a few years back for vintage motorcross use.

I think it's more valuable as a collectors item. It's never been registered. XR600's were legendary in their day.

Sandman Guru
    I actually looked to buy one a month or so ago, but they were too dear for what they were - like $5k for a 10year+ old bike. I bought a new DR650SE last week for $6480 plus GST, which is probably less than you'd get for the XR! Someone will pay close to $9k for it is my guess, but you are going to have to put it up on Ebay to get the best price. A collector may well buy it.

I was trying to avoid evilbay. I was hoping for around that price. Who knows it could end up anywhere in the world it I do put it on the net.

eBay is seriously the best way to advertise something like that. Just put it up as a classified or buy it now ad to avoid all the wankers trying to get something for next to nothing. Make sure your phone number is in the ad and anyone serious about buying it will call you up and negotiate from there.

my only regret would have been buying a bike than only riding it 241kms different folks different strokes

Different alright. I have several others that have never been riden. Never even started.

Thread Information