Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hq van hood lining

P Plater

hq van hood lining

I'm starting from scratch and have nothing in there. Please confirm windscreen can go in first without the hood lining in and what is required eg 1 roof bow, front attachment bracket and any cover moulds etc.

Yes you put head lining in After windscreen. You need bows for the back of the van as well. If you are doing a ute you put the hood lining In before the rear window. Unsure about what you mean about cover moulds but I'd you mean pinch weld then yes that goes on after hood lining or rather during installing it. There is also a vinyl strip which goes across the inside of the windscreen and two pillars which go from the dash up to the top of the windscreen on each side near side windows if you are still unsure I can take pics of all those things

Cheers
    J
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    You need bows for the back of the van as well.
    Not in a 'Q.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Not in a 'Q.

Mauser
    You could have expanded your answer slightly rather than an ambiguous "no".

The poor bloke/blokette just asked a question about fitting a hoodlining to a HQ (wether or not they were ever fitted originally is immaterial) and Jennie tried to help with/answer it. Not all of us proclaim to be HQ "gurus".

Gypsy. All hoodlinings I've seen in panel vans have used bows, except where contact adhesived to the roof or another stiff interior panel (except for one, which was all mirrors, but lets not go there....). Yes, the front screen can be in-situ to fit a hoodlining and if the hoodlining you have is anything like a HJ or later one: then there will be a soft plastic strip that dresses the front of the hoodlining at the top most rear edge of the windscreen (it has a small bead that slides into a channel), a dress piece down each front pillar - earlier ones were made of metal, later ones plastic and from I understand there is a member on here who can supply a new set of bows for any/all GM-H PV's.

Contact Jason - Stickthis Decals about a set of hoodlining bows and rear attach point as he makes and sells a complete kit to suit a PV.

Do a search through the images that are stored on this site. There are plenty to interior shots in these galleries.

Regards,

Dave
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Not in a 'Q.

Mauser
    Oh well you learn a new thing every day, no offence taken Mauser...thanks Taily for elaborating...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

P Plater
    Thanks all I'm just putting the front section because it's Hq so I just need 1 roof bow ??

Hi Gypsy, not sure about vans but did my Ute a couple of months ago. 2 Bows and a thin wire which clips across the cabin in front of where the interior light goes.
    1. Much easier with windscreen out, more room, easier to stretch etc.
    2. Have some sections of pinch weld cut into about 10cm pieces to clamp over and hold the liner in place. Found this info on the web AFTER we had done the Ute, would have made the job much easier.
    3. We fitted it to the front, then sides and rear last
    4. Make sure you mark all the holes as you go, mirror, sun visor, light and coat hooks etc. I am going to have fun trying to find the holes for my Seat belt holder hooks.
    5. Use good quality contact adhesive, you don't want it to go wrong.

GOOD LUCK - not a hard job but very hard to get it looking 100%

--- Updated ---

http://cgautoupholstery.com -check out this website, has some photo's and tips for headliners
    Nearly on the Road

P Plater
    Guys I pull an old hood lining out a Panel van at wreckers today it only had the wire at the back and 1 roof bow is this correct

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    Guys I pull an old hood lining out a Panel van at wreckers today it only had the wire at the back and 1 roof bow is this correct
    My hz's both had two roof bows in the back and one wire about the middle and the comb looking thing a the rear to push the rear of the head lining into .in both vans I ended up making a third bow for the rear and installing three bows to get the hood linings tighter,the above doesn't include the bow in the front and a wire at the rear of the cab
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

P Plater
    I'm not doing the back just the front. So your saying it only has the 1 bow in the front and a wire at the rear of the cab

Thread Information