Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone drive a black Great Wall Ute from Sydney to Wollongong

Anyone drive a black Great Wall Ute from Sydney to Wollongong

Hi guys,

Just out of interest, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum drive a black Great Wall ute (I think 4X4)?

I was driving home from work in my ute and here is a guy taking several pictures of my ute while we were driving.

Got me thinking it might end up on here.

Not as good as you guys getting caught on street view though.

If anyone on here drove a Great Wall they're not going to admit it on a public forum are they?

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    If anyone on here drove a Great Wall they're not going to admit it on a public forum are they?
    Haha correct
    BQZ

"better my sister in a whorehouse than my brother in a Great Wall" haha
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    Would you have driven an older Rodeo or Mitsubishi? The Great Wall is the old Rodeo body with old Mitsubishi diesel!

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Would you have driven an older Rodeo or Mitsubishi? The Great Wall is the old Rodeo body with old Mitsubishi diesel!
    Nope, wouldn't drive one of those either. It might be the Rodeo body/Mitsu diesel DESIGN but it's been manufactured to meet a certain price point. I'll stick with my 20 year old Hiace powered by the nice and plentiful Buick V6. At least that combo has an excuse for the rattles after that amount of time.

Sandman Guru
    Good reply! I'm pretty much with you though. Everything I go to buy, if it says "made in China" it goes back onto the shelf, unless there is no alternative! Been looking at bike helmets over the last few days, picked up a Shoei TZ-X Etheral for $499. Looking at the cheapies makes me wonder how well a $199 Chinese helmet would help you in a crash.

^^^ not well. There a plenty of photos of cheap helmets cracked in two after a simple accident despite the Australian Standards label.

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Good reply! I'm pretty much with you though. Everything I go to buy, if it says "made in China" it goes back onto the shelf, unless there is no alternative! Been looking at bike helmets over the last few days, picked up a Shoei TZ-X Etheral for $499. Looking at the cheapies makes me wonder how well a $199 Chinese helmet would help you in a crash.
    Not only that but with something like a helmet if you buy a cheapie you put up with mediocre comfort, excess wind noise and within a year the padding feels nearly non existent. I've had my current Shoei for nearly 6 years and it still feels as comfortable as the day I got it. Sure , it cost nearly $1000 but I would have spent that on cheap helmets in that time and had to put up with all the drawbacks. I've found that with cheap bike gear you can't wait to get to your destination and get the gear off. Wear the good stuff and you'll just want to keep riding

Sandman Guru
    I found this place in Melbourne that has great discounts on some bike gear at the moment, hence the $200+ reduction on these TZ-X's.

I tried on heaps of other stuff and the only Jacket i've found comfortable is a Dririder Nordic hybrid, but hated all the pants. I think i'll just get some Draggin Kevlar camo cargo pants or jeans and wear some Draggin knee pads under them. Much more comfortable for the sort of riding I plan to do. There are some great deals on the DR560SE at the moment too. Been quoted as low as $6150 ex GST for a brand new 2011 stock (plus on roads).

Thread Information