Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meanwhile on another forum....

Sandman Guru
    That is correct. HQ LS, Deville and Statesman came standard with M41 if L30 engine optioned. GTS and XW8 Kingswood got MC7 manual (muncie) standard with L30 engine and M41 (TH400) was optional.

The Muncie console listed on Ebay was listed at $1100 if I remember correctly. If there is so few around it would be very frustrating trying to find one.
    Nearly on the Road

im not sure if giving info as such will cause a huge increase in fake cars being built, it just wont happen in the case of this sort of car, but if you can, by all means do it coz it wont be perfect and experts will still pick on it regardless, they still pick on some cars that havent been touched and say its incorrect, so really, i dont have a problem with sharing info such as floor hump shapes, x member reo's or door light switch positions, and after all, not all are going to build a dud and pass it on as a legit car.
    if ya doin a HQ 350 stick mobile, it aint the console, floor hump or linkages thats the main issue, try getting a reverse light switch...if you can get one of those, then the rest will be a breeze for ya

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by hqgts View Post
    If you dont know what to look for how do you know...
    and this is a contentious issue for anyone buying a car as such, who is to say who is the real expert???? no one i believe has the ability to say if something so man made is able to be scrutinized and passed on as authentic as such when there is so much grey area involved. in this case, GM might have run out of a particular bolt on the dandneong plant at 2.33pm 17/7/73, and used a bolt different to the one that ajax supplied at the time, might have been 2 days use of that bolt, so all of a sudden, every 350 coupe built on those 2 days is non genuine due to a different star pattern on the head of the bolt??
    who is to say what was what, no one i think, and thats simple
    Last edited by we wreck xx7s only; 28-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Sandman Guru
    Fakes isn't the only reason Frank. I put heaps up on my Sandman website, only to find the info all cut and pasted onto a CD for sale on Ebay. Hence I won't publish such knowledge online anymore, and have purposely left errors there too (and stated as much on the site). I'll tell people but not in the public domain. I bet you if posted online what part to use if you have to fix a certain Sandman, next thing you'll see is that exact part for sale for stupid $ on Ebay as it suits a Sandman.

Yep, there are unscrupulous people out there that do just as you say Byron. Then there are the one's that put themselves up as expert's, once they have read up on what you have written.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Fakes isn't the only reason Frank. I put heaps up on my Sandman website, only to find the info all cut and pasted onto a CD for sale on Ebay. Hence I won't publish such knowledge online anymore, and have purposely left errors there too (and stated as much on the site). I'll tell people but not in the public domain. I bet you if posted online what part to use if you have to fix a certain Sandman, next thing you'll see is that exact part for sale for stupid $ on Ebay as it suits a Sandman.
    and thats why i dont like the web or dont think much of forums as such, i like forums for entertainment and some great pictures of what ppl atempt to do, and all this forum info and web ease these days keeps my friend and i in business now fixing their stuff ups of what they have tried to do after getting advice on forums on how to do stuff.
    unfortunately, such is progress i guess.
    i will send you the details of a sandman that i have at the shop to repaint via email, you may/maynot have it recorded

Sandman Guru
    Thanks Frank. They all help.

Thread Information