Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genuine Collecters Item.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyHZ253 View Post
    i don't understand torana's values but a $1000 may be the value of it in its present condition
    No-one understands Torana values I dont think. Sandman owners must be cut from a finer cloth methinks.. haha at least we try to look at the identity and understand what a replica is. Some of those Toranas have plates dont even pass a cursury inspection.. they dont even match. I think people are going to be left with a lot of over-valued replicas and eventually Shannons will have to adjust the insurance values after a few garage fires.

Mauser

ps.. the Torana sites record every set of plates splashed across auction sites for posterity!!! Their access to data is also excellent and shows out-of-sequence numbers.
    Last edited by mauser; 24-06-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Sandman Guru
    If it hasn't got much rust it is worth a lot more than $1000 for rust repair sections. My last SLR5000 went to Oz's to be cut up for rust repair sections which are quite valuable, and it was no-where near as complete as this car but was basically rust free. Good Torana doors are very expensive too.

Here is another one that reckons if you spend 15k it will be a $50k car, um i dont thinks so

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LH-SL-R-T...item3cc7e8633c

For Sale Genuine SL/R Torana not a 5000. Project Car. Has 9" Diff, 334 Stroker Motor, T5 4 spd manual, 4 wheel disc brakes (suit HQ etc), 4 point roll cage, flares all round, custom grill. Still needs a few parts and lots of work putting together but most of what you need is already there. Has mod plate for left hand change gearbox (hump cut out to accomodate) Regretful sale but just dont have time or money to continue. Please dont waste our time with swaps etc. Motor was built by Jack Brothers Brisbane spent heaps many extras. If it had another $15,000.00 spent on it you have a car worth at least $50,000.00.
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

It's a rockin'
    shannons wouldnt insure my ss torrie for any more than 10 grand without looking at it even tho it is in good cond

If you had a vehicle so valuable why wouldn't you have it under lock and key and under cover to protect the investment.
    Nearly on the Road

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Here is another one that reckons if you spend 15k it will be a $50k car, um i dont thinks so

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LH-SL-R-T...item3cc7e8633c

For Sale Genuine SL/R Torana not a 5000. Project Car. Has 9" Diff, 334 Stroker Motor, T5 4 spd manual, 4 wheel disc brakes (suit HQ etc), 4 point roll cage, flares all round, custom grill. Still needs a few parts and lots of work putting together but most of what you need is already there. Has mod plate for left hand change gearbox (hump cut out to accomodate) Regretful sale but just dont have time or money to continue. Please dont waste our time with swaps etc. Motor was built by Jack Brothers Brisbane spent heaps many extras. If it had another $15,000.00 spent on it you have a car worth at least $50,000.00.

A bit of a bitsa (LX dash and mirrors just to name a couple of things) with mods and incomplete......"tell him he's dream'n"

Thread Information